Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope i wont be a old man??

lonestar

War Hero
PaDDYtheIRISHsailor said:
If I get into HMS Raliegh will i be in a class room with a load off school leavers from 16-18.. I really hope I wont be an Old man at 22 lol...

You will be below the average age I believe. Also, what bonds you lack in age you will certainly have in gash spelling!

drakdi

Badgeman
PaDDYtheIRISHsailor said:
If I get into HMS Raliegh will i be in a class room with a load off school leavers from 16-18.. I really hope I wont be an Old man at 22 lol...
The average age of the classes at the moment is 21.65. In my experience the school leavers are more eager to learn and are more maleable than the "more mature" recruit

Si_Novice

Lantern Swinger
Same here Mandon--approaching 34 now but with all of our life experience, we can teach these wipper snappers a thing or two! :lol:

Currently running the 2.5 in 10.30 and plenty o' time to get that down, so bring it on young scallywags, gramps will lead the way! :D

scouse

War Hero
Si_Novice said:
Same here Mandon--approaching 34 now but with all of our life experience, we can teach these wipper snappers a thing or two! :lol:

Currently running the 2.5 in 10.30 and plenty o' time to get that down, so bring it on young scallywags, gramps will lead the way! :D
Nice one Pops!!! but you will still need a run ashore oppo :lol: as the kids wont want you with them :lol: :lol:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
With the age thing one of the biggest problems must be who do you go ashore with, given that the vast majority over 30 would be senior rates, any experiences/problems from someone that joined later?

Si_Novice

Lantern Swinger
I beg to differ Scouse!

When all the mashed up kids with kids bellies who can't handle there beer and can't pull for toffee are sitting by themselves, THEN they will need a man of experience and my smooth advice will be like liquid gold! :lol:

Haggis_Catcher

War Hero
wise words aren't always taken on a run ashore.

Civvie friends bail you out of jail &then tell you what you did wrong.
Sailor friends would be sitting next to you saying ,mate we fcuked up but what a giggle . 8)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at VIP trading estate and industrial estate, Anchor and Hope Lane, London SE7 7TE (ref: 3233585 – 3 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "There is space for hope and for a brighter future for the Iraqi people" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Orwell Bridge study offers new hope for reducing high wind closures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Croyde Bay and Hope Cove incidents: a message from HM Coastguard MoD News 0
F Hope Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
rn458scc PRNC - My 4 days! Hope this helps. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 147
soleil Pompey News: "We’re On A Roll! Bands Of Royal Marines Hope To Clinch New Record" The Corps 1
J List of Crew on board "Good Hope" History 15
S any hope for a single mum, ex RN who wants to get into RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
soleil Telegraph: "Explorers Raise Hope Of Nelson 'Treasure Trove' On Victorian Shipwreck" History 2
finknottle Clegg talks the talk, I hope he can walk the walk Current Affairs 28
trelawney126 Hope Mr Cameron has Deep Pockets Current Affairs 7
R A glimmer of hope Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Hermes_R12 Toothless Royal Navy ? - lets hope not !! Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "Injured Servicemen Hope For Olympic Ski Success" Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil "Buoyant Mood As Clyde Yards Hope To Avoid Cuts" Current Affairs 8
E ...lets hope our new PM takes note! The Corps 2
sgtpepperband The Sun: "Cameron - Our Only Hope" Diamond Lil's 1
soleil Times: Sailors hope proud RN name won't go out with the Ark The Fleet 4
wet_blobby New sex hope for the old and bold Diamond Lil's 2
NotmeChief Lets hope this disgusting act spreads to the UK. The Quarterdeck 18
trelawney126 Too Much to Hope For Current Affairs 2
Cpt_Black There's hope for all the old sea dogs yet... Diamond Lil's 2
N “I hope he (Obama) will let us down gently.†Current Affairs 34
T There's hope yet for Sgtpepperband! Diamond Lil's 2
Teech Is there any hope for me? Diamond Lil's 14
D time for celebration,goodwill, love, peace,hope Submariners 13
N A fairey tale, well I hope it is. Diamond Lil's 2
S There is hope... Diamond Lil's 3
P I hope your grip is packed Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
bigglesbandicoot There are something even I wont do (Sibling Sex) Diamond Lil's 17
Scouse_Castaway This wont go down well with the US...... Current Affairs 90
scouse RED ARROWS the Gov wont let them fly The Gash Barge 7
C will they or wont they? Current Affairs 16
wet_blobby You just know the c**ts wont get charged Diamond Lil's 19
brazenhussy Are there any foods that you wont eat? The Gash Barge 51
A MPs travel expenses... we wont tell you how much we claim! Current Affairs 4
D Free TV licences for the old and bold Diamond Lil's 14
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
MoD_RSS 21-year-old Manchester rapist sentenced for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England traffic officers prove a real role 'model' for 10-year-old Toby MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government bans old coach, bus and lorry tyres from roads in new measures to improve road safety MoD News 0
D Help with old WW1 photo History 10
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Sentence increased for London man who kidnapped and sexually abused eight-year-old boy MoD News 0
U The Old and Bold are revolting Diamond Lil's 12
MoD_RSS Manchester motorway rises up to revitalise 50-year-old bridge MoD News 0
soleil FB: RN - Liverpool: 18-year-old Sailor Rhys Gets A Birthday Surprise From His Family On Board HMS Prince Of Wales The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS The VMD’s old GSI email address will no longer work from 1 April MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Old Hall School: warning notice MoD News 0