Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hope i wont be a old man??

PaDDYtheIRISHsailor said:
If I get into HMS Raliegh will i be in a class room with a load off school leavers from 16-18.. I really hope I wont be an Old man at 22 lol...

You will be below the average age I believe. Also, what bonds you lack in age you will certainly have in gash spelling!

PaDDYtheIRISHsailor said:
If I get into HMS Raliegh will i be in a class room with a load off school leavers from 16-18.. I really hope I wont be an Old man at 22 lol...
The average age of the classes at the moment is 21.65. In my experience the school leavers are more eager to learn and are more maleable than the "more mature" recruit

Same here Mandon--approaching 34 now but with all of our life experience, we can teach these wipper snappers a thing or two! :lol:

Currently running the 2.5 in 10.30 and plenty o' time to get that down, so bring it on young scallywags, gramps will lead the way! :D

Si_Novice said:
Same here Mandon--approaching 34 now but with all of our life experience, we can teach these wipper snappers a thing or two! :lol:

Currently running the 2.5 in 10.30 and plenty o' time to get that down, so bring it on young scallywags, gramps will lead the way! :D
Nice one Pops!!! but you will still need a run ashore oppo :lol: as the kids wont want you with them :lol: :lol:

With the age thing one of the biggest problems must be who do you go ashore with, given that the vast majority over 30 would be senior rates, any experiences/problems from someone that joined later?

I beg to differ Scouse!

When all the mashed up kids with kids bellies who can't handle there beer and can't pull for toffee are sitting by themselves, THEN they will need a man of experience and my smooth advice will be like liquid gold! :lol:

Latest Threads