Hooks or not?

Exocet

Midshipman
Looking for some advice from someone who may know...
I left the mob in 2006 as a LH. I rejoined in 2008, and left this year (22yrs done) but as an AB.
So apart from flying through 22years and leaving as an AB, the question I now have, is:
Can I wear hooks on my No1 uniform, as when I origionally left I was a LH. I don't want to look like a prat on putting them on if I'm not entitled.

Exocet

Midshipman
Rememberance... And stuff to do with my local legion. Nothing other than that, and yes joined a different branch, and the silent service

Rememberance... And stuff to do with my local legion. Nothing other than that, and yes joined a different branch, and the silent service
I could do you a great deal on a Blazer, then stick your rig on Ebay

Edit to add: Safeguard

Only got sizes 46 & 48 left

Old school tie and designer stubble not included.

RRP £69.99 Special RR deal only £22 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415307523.841371.jpg

Last edited:
I wear my gongs and dolphins on my jacket for Legion stuff (tomorrow and Sunday they'll be getting an airing!).

If you weren't a killick when you went outside then no hook, plus you'll look like an old sea cadet wearing rig.

Seadog

War Hero
Former Soviet JRs wear rig into their 90s. It isn't a good look.

There is an entitlement for former members of the 'Naval Service' to wear rig and it's been addressed in the forums. State occasions being one but I don't think that entitles you to wear rig propping up the bar in your local watching a royal wedding on the big television.

As for your rank: discharged to pension as an AB probably makes you an AB. Invoking previous is tenuous in my opinion.

Hooks plural?

Exocet

Midshipman
Hooks, well you know what I meen, and I wasn't looking to wear my no1s into my 90 either, I was asked to by the local cadet unit my childen attend, but was unsure of the "HOOK"!! Situation.
And it was going to be the last time I wore them for an occasion.
I was solely looking for advice on the rank slide, but thanks for the lectures on uniform and lessons on my grammar....

Latest Threads