Hoofing effort.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by dunkers, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 15 Marines and 1 soldier, from just one commando unit (45 Cdo), have been awarded bravery commendations including the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross.

Awesome, in the genuine sense of the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8249485.stm

2. BZ to them all.

3. And the local nightclub and two bars in Arbroath refused them entry whilst taking an injured oppo in a wheelchair for a night out BARSTEWARDS

The lad with one leg and one arm, the other leg and arm badly mauled was born and Bred in Arbroath too, Just wanted to visit his old haunts

Makes one spit blood

Jack McH

4. No doubt on the gronds of health and safety, or some other small mined rule. Disappointing attitude from the door staff.

5. Well done Royal they had a very tough time of it during the last deployment.

It is very sad that the injured Royal was refused entry to bars in Arbroath but I am sure there was no malice in the decision, it's just a case of these establishments protecting themselves, that's the way it is these days but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

6. The Elf and Safety quoted by the doorman, was if trouble started all the marines piled in and they could not handle it

The owner replied to The Courier (local rag) articles that they are more than welcome
    (Then I suggest he invites them all back for free with drink and buffet supplied)

They went elswhere and were lashed up so my shame I can not remember the name of the pub that did this, but I will make the effort to find out and give them a BZ

THE PORTCULLIS CONNON ROAD Well done Guys and Gals

Jack McH

7. A big chuckup for The Portcullis.