Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honest John: "Land Rover Announces Affiliation With Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer"

soleil

War Hero
I particularly like the one on the right, looks very smart.

Hmmmmm ....

I wonder whether there is scope for naming the next ship to be commissioned HMS Lotus ..... one of those would make a nice little runabout.

Last edited:

Stirling

Banned
'The firm will be supplying HMS Defender with a ... errr ... Defender to use when in dry land'

All county class destroyers had a defender on permanent loan, it went where the ship went. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think some Leanders had a mini van.

trelawney126

War Hero
On the Old Ark we had a minibus painted red with HMS Ark Royal. The Pantomime Sqn were lent a Rolls Royce, which some enterprising pilot managed to turn over

Shackles_and_Flags

Lantern Swinger
I was in Illustrious when the press kicked up abit of stink about the ship receiving a top of the range land rover prior to our 2006 trip out to India which included photos of it getting craned onboard prior to us sailing from Portsmouth.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The old Bulwark (R08 ) had a landrover and a tilly which went everywhere with the ship.

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Lusty had a very nice Jaguar on board in 98 I think. Nice until some girl on 801 Sqdn untied a lashing and dropped a bomb carrier onto the roof.

(year could be wrong, old age and all)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Joining as AC but not sure AFCO have been honest about the role Joining the Royal Navy 50
MoD_RSS Terminally ill benefit claimants deserve a fresh and honest evaluation of the way the system supports them MoD News 0
trehorn Be Honest, Would You......... Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23
S What's life in the RN REALLY like? (please be honest) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
Rumrat Be Honest Would You? Diamond Lil's 54
Rumrat Whats Your's.....be honest. Diamond Lil's 16
A Always be honest! Miscellaneous 0
Rumrat An Honest Area, but... Diamond Lil's 20
Bergen An Honest Politician Diamond Lil's 3
BillyNoMates I've got a bad back - honest. Current Affairs 0
N Police Failing the Honest Class. Current Affairs 58
bikerman Honest politicians Current Affairs 19
Teech Funny but true (honest) The Quarterdeck 1
F Go on, be honest... The Gash Barge 3
PAVEWAY_3 FREE HOILDAY FOR A NICE LADY, HONEST!!!! Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS John Taylor, Antony Jenkins and Tanya Castell appointed to the Prudential Regulation Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Armenia: John Gallagher MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000, runway excursion, Liverpool John Lennon Airport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir John Manzoni announced as Chair Designate for AWE plc NDPB Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Whittingdale's Speech at Open Data Institute Summit 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Conteh MBE congratulates veterans on completion of Boxing Through Barriers programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Governor of the British Virgin Islands: John Rankin MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Penrose MP to lead review exploring how to bolster UK competition policy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Glen addresses Investment Association on Sustainability and Responsible Investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Lockhart to join the Forest Services Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wildlife crime and conservation expert John Scanlon appointed chair of UK government’s Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund MoD News 0
D Captain R.N 1969 . John Templeton-Cotill Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
Sumo Skate Board Lands End to John o' Groats Charity 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed John Mothersole as the England Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Wilson MBE honoured with new rod licence images MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A letter from John Glen to Stephen Jones on Mortgage Prisoners MoD News 0
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil John O'Groats Journal: "Remembering The Exmouth, 80 Years On" History 2
soleil BBC: John Noakes (Blue Peter) 'At The Controls' Of A Hercules (1975) The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS Regional Air Connectivity Review: aviation minister visits Liverpool John Lennon Airport to launch UK tour of regional airports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team Liverpool John Lennon Airport MoD News 0
S Stoker John Webster The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS John Procter appointed as Chair of the Royal Armouries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Manor of Northstead: John Bercow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from John Manzoni on the public information campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dr John joins presenters from around the globe at conference in Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three Hundreds of Chiltern: John Mann MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Life Sciences and UK's future role: Sir John Bell delivers MHRA annual lecture MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Canonisation of Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman in Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM meeting with US National Security Advisor John Bolton: 12 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Mann appointed as independent adviser on antisemitism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Glen speaks at the Green Finance Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Women in Finance Summit 2019: John Glen speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: John Glen's speech at the Building Societies Association Annual Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: John Wilkinson OBE, Director of Devices to retire MoD News 0