Honest John: "Land Rover Announces Affiliation With Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Mar 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I particularly like the one on the right, looks very smart.

Hmmmmm ....

I wonder whether there is scope for naming the next ship to be commissioned HMS Lotus ..... one of those would make a nice little runabout.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. Knowing the M.O.D's eye for a bargain the next one will probably be named HMS Dacia!
  3. 'The firm will be supplying HMS Defender with a ... errr ... Defender to use when in dry land'

All county class destroyers had a defender on permanent loan, it went where the ship went. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think some Leanders had a mini van.
  4. On the Old Ark we had a minibus painted red with HMS Ark Royal. The Pantomime Sqn were lent a Rolls Royce, which some enterprising pilot managed to turn over
  5. I was in Illustrious when the press kicked up abit of stink about the ship receiving a top of the range land rover prior to our 2006 trip out to India which included photos of it getting craned onboard prior to us sailing from Portsmouth.
  6. The old Bulwark (R08 ) had a landrover and a tilly which went everywhere with the ship.
  7. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Lusty had a very nice Jaguar on board in 98 I think. Nice until some girl on 801 Sqdn untied a lashing and dropped a bomb carrier onto the roof.

(year could be wrong, old age and all)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  8. The old Protector carried her own landrover in the sixties.