Homosexuality - It's just not for me.

Well, camping was called off so I'm back.

I was under the impression that Diamond Lil's was almost anything goes. That's what it says in the rules. I've seen more offensive links posted. What's the issue?

I think you're all scared of a bit of bum love, fags.

Montigny_La_Palisse said:

I was under the impression that Diamond Lil's was almost anything goes. That's what it says in the rules. I've seen more offensive links posted. What's the issue?

What you put in writing, no matter where, is subject to the laws of the land - simples! It is also a permanent record of what you have said etc.
The internet is not an exception to those laws. It and mobile phones are probably the most highly monitored method of communication there is.
Beats me rigid that some members of this forum seem to think that homosexuals are fair game, but wouldn't dare type what they do about other racial or social minorities.
We're here and we ain't going away - simples! If you don't like it then tough, we honestly don't give a damn anyway. We do not seek your, or anyone elses approval, nor do we need it.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
This 'story' ties in with a recent article I read in a Forces magazine, which tackled the issue of homosexuality in the Services. Now I am pleased that the subject can at least be discussed openly and with honesty; prejudices and misconceptions should be dealt with in a balanced manner. But I feel that a serviceman/woman's sexuality is irrelevant and that individuals should be judged on their performance alone.

My concern is that we must resist defining ourselves as sub-groups, be that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, black, etc., a trend which can be devisive and operationally damaging.

Equality works best when minorities are not perveived as victims requiring support or different treatment, a point made by a small - seemingly overspoken - number of LGBT personnel. However I feel that servicemen/women being granted permission to attend a political rally, such as Gay Pride, in uniform is a mistake, as they are representing their own personality, not the image of the Armed Forces as a whole. The issue is not one of diversity or equality, but concerns the use of uniform to promote their personal views.

This policy has the danger of opening us up to other political demands; if 'Pride' is okay, why not the countryside Alliance or even such unpleasant organisations as the British National Party? (I condone neither). I'd hate to see the day when the Armed Forces ends up like some areas of the Police, where the competing agends of minority groups - backed by associations - create mistrust within the force as a whole.

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the sexual preferences of any other serviceman, woman or civilian. The Armed Forces already fully integrates LGBT personnel, but to draw attention to them is to differentiate them. Why anyone's sexual propensities need to be highlighted in this way is inappropriate and unnecessary. With service personnel drawn from both sexes and from every part of society, I dare say that there are many aspects of individuals' private lives which cause no harm to others and need not concern us...

I am reminded of a scene from "The Simpsons" where Lisa is watching the Springfield Gay Pride marchers, who chant: “We’re here! We’re queer! Get used to it!†Lisa replies: “You’re here every year. We ARE used to it.â€

:roll:

sussex2 said:

What you put in writing, no matter where, is subject to the laws of the land - simples! It is also a permanent record of what you have said etc.
The internet is not an exception to those laws. It and mobile phones are probably the most highly monitored method of communication there is.
Beats me rigid that some members of this forum seem to think that homosexuals are fair game, but wouldn't dare type what they do about other racial or social minorities.
We're here and we ain't going away - simples! If you don't like it then tough, we honestly don't give a damn anyway. We do not seek your, or anyone elses approval, nor do we need it.

Are you being serious you ridiculous cnut? So what are you saying? That you want to have me banged up for gay-baiting?

Don't start throwing that sh1te around, you do yourself no favours. Funny how everybody else seems to have taken it all in the spirit is was meant. As a laugh.

Don't flatter yourself that you are defending your terribly persecuted kind from an evil bigot, because you're not. If you have taken offence, then you're an idiot who needs to lighten up. I think you have just thrown the equivelant of "It's because I'm black" into the ring. Get over yourself you dramatic twart.

I hope to god not all bumders are as humourless as you, or it'll be a miserable night in the Powerhouse on Saturday.

All together now. "We're here! We're Queer! We're going to drink your beer!"

para sgtpepperband said:
My concern is that we must resist defining ourselves as sub-groups, be that male, female, Officer, Rating, Stoker, ROs (the elite.... :wink: Ooops, I got carried away....) etc., a trend which can be devisive and operationally damaging.
Gay Pride political???? o_O :eek:mfg:

Time for all sexes, genders to be merged (intersex) and ranks and branches abolished? Bless! :D :) :p :idea: :roll: :lol: :twisted: :eek: :wink:

slim

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Watch out Monty, he'll call the rozzers on you.
Or was that the taking umbrage at Internet punch up threats? :roll:
I await the filth knocking at the door excitedly. Or the bottom inspectors.
It would take a brave man to inspect your botty MontyP :p

slim said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Watch out Monty, he'll call the rozzers on you.
Or was that the taking umbrage at Internet punch up threats? :roll:
I await the filth knocking at the door excitedly. Or the bottom inspectors.
It would take a brave man to inspect your botty MontyP :p
You're not wrong mate, it's been in some states over the years.

And RJ, don't listen to the mean and nasty Mods, they could never understand the lengths you and I go to in order to educate the masses, they keep trying to send me away too.

sussex2 said:

Are you being serious you ridiculous cnut? So what are you saying? That you want to have me banged up for gay-baiting?

Don't start throwing that sh1te around, you do yourself no favours. Funny how everybody else seems to have taken it all in the spirit is was meant. As a laugh.

Don't flatter yourself that you are defending your terribly persecuted kind from an evil bigot, because you're not. If you have taken offence, then you're an idiot who needs to lighten up. I think you have just thrown the equivelant of "It's because I'm black" into the ring. Get over yourself you dramatic twart.

I hope to god not all bumders are as humourless as you, or it'll be a miserable night in the Powerhouse on Saturday.

All together now. "We're here! We're Queer! We're going to drink your beer!"
My Out is comletely Raged by that...take a look at my avatar buster. Does it honestly look as if I take this seriously. Or, could it just be that you don't like it when the tables are turned. After all it is only a bit of banter, no harm meant, just joshing, a joke amongst mates etc etc ad nausem.
This is the internet buster and NONE of us have the slightest knowledge of what the other person is thinking, it is all just words.
I've had a bit of a laugh on this thread and I know others have as well. That's it, that's all there is about it. It ain't been me that been hurling so many four letter words about. You really have let yourself down you know, see me after class.

Sussex, I refer you to your previous post where you started mentioning law and "Oh gawd why is it acceptable for us poor homosexuals to be baited"

Throbber, I won't be bumming you when I turn.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Homos are ok as long as they are not forcing it down your throat. Or has that been said I could not bothered to look back through the thread.
Mince for the Chief?

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
There must be sometime about this bumming malarkey, but being a selfish [email protected] I'm not taking one for the team. I do however Monty, expect you to take your research a step further and produce a full report on my screen by 11am sunday morning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Diamond Lil's 19
G Diamond Lil's 48