Homeopathy

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by sgtpepperband, Mar 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

3. sgtpepperband

4. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

But it must work cos passionate people say it does, even Prince Charles says it works.

You take water. Add something. Dilute it. Dilute it some more. Then some more. In fact keep going. Then dilute it so more. Then hit it over some leather.

Instant cure.

I fail to see what is wrong with all your naysayers. You need to open your minds.

PS I have some Unicorn Poo - very good for the roses.

5. sgtpepperband

That's why you're an occifer - the rest of us live in the real world... :shock: :wink:

6. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I live in the real world. Why yesterday I made my own tea without any help from the stewards.

On a more serious note these people are selling vulnerable people nothing more than snake oil. They make serious claims on cures for what is no more than sugar water. And Boots sells it for profit knowing it is nothing but a Placebo. Now that is morally wrong - in my opinion and not the thoughts of this site. Should anyone think of suing.

7. sgtpepperband

Fark orf! I don't believe you!! 8O

Hmm, sounds like the POMA in the Sick Bay then; telling you that Brufen are cures for hangovers, and a soluble Aspirin is all he can do to get rid of the viral infection that's been going round the messes for the past six weeks... :oops: :twisted:

8. sgtpepperband

Hmm, two hopes - Guns is a real rufty tufty occifer, working in the dark mysterious depths of the Ops Room. You, on the other hand, are deemed to a life of boring logistics meetings with other members of the Blanco Mafioso, congratulating each other on how wonderful the Department is... :twisted: :wink:

9. sgtpepperband

It's gone past 1600 - can you come back on Monday please?! :? :thumbleft:

10. I need new glasses. I thought the ad at the bottom was for Homo cats and dogs

11. sgtpepperband

Erm, no I don't! :?

12. Well, he signed one out to you. You've lost it haven't you?

Sign here.................
    £20

13. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

SPB is a Reggie, you'll need to give him a ruler and biro.

14. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Does anyone out there think this voodoo medicine works????

15. Aye

16. It has been shown (in a peer reviewed paper by Ader and Cohen in 1982 for starters) that placebos work.
    Yes, lots.

17. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

18. Quite. So as long as people believe these 'cures' work, they may work. Most doctors do not have a problem prescribing placebos, as the practice is reportedly widespread.

If they believe it helps, it may help. by destroying that belief, you are just shutting another door to these people. As for the price, what price good health?

Cannot disagree with you on that point. Denying children valid medical treatment on belief grounds should be treated as abuse or neglect, and be dealt with by the full weight of the law. I look forward to seeing Jehova's Witnesses in court for refusing to allow their children to receive blood.