Home invasion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hobbit, Oct 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The latest in the International Express refers to the Queen creating a Muslim prayer room at Windsor Castle " to cater for the royals residence's single Islamic employee".It appears the " employee" a part-timer at the castle's gift shop, has been assigned an office in the historic Saxon Tower during the holy month of Ramadan. " Every workday during the Islamic month of fasting she locks herself in the room, rolls out her prayer mat and points it towards Mecca. She then dons her hijab-headscarf-turns towards the holy city and begins the half-hour lunchtime prayer required of all Muslims throughout the year.
    Objectively speaking. I honestly believe that Islam will take over much of the western world as Christianity did many years ago. It is certainly a potent religion and its followers are just as blood-thirsty as the crusaders in the imposition of its rules. Such is life,

:roll:

2. Entirely possible. This sort of line of reasoning follows on from Huntindon's "Clash of Civilisations" theory - which in itself is highly contested.

On the specific subject of Islam and the more general subject of religion, it seems to me that any religion in its fundamental form is not compatible with a post-industrial / technology based globalised society.

Fundamentalist religious adherence is growing; but so is the belief in Scientology and Crystals for healing! :roll: I think this growth of religious adherence is a factor of society's hunt for spiritual meaning. Science can't deliver it. (It was never meant to).

Me? I'm an aethaest who hopes he's wrong!

What does all that mean? **** knows!

3. If anyone thinks i'm converting to any religion ...especially Islam, they can suck my Hairy B*lls....!

4. Fcuk that, had a muslim in one of my classes in Collingwood, needed to prey so often but I made sure he felt free to do it in his own time not in service time.
    Cheek!
    Surprisingly he didn't turn into a pillar of shite or anything like that.
    Worked on a Malaysian frigate once with 50/50 christian muslim crew, big fisticuffs when the mussies woke people up with their screeching at all hours.

5. why can they just relocate thePrayer room to a suitable dungeon ?Lock it up and throw away the fecking key!!!!I cant see the management of Mecca opening up a Bacon sarnie van,can you?

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I worked briefly on a Malaysian frigate (Leiku & Jebat) while still in build at YSL (as it was then) - the RMN crew that I met were a great bunch who didn't appear particularly devout in any direction (especially on the run ashore in Campbeltown).

7. "Fcuk that, had a muslim in one of my classes in Collingwood, needed to prey so often but I made sure he felt free to do it in his own time not in service time.
    Cheek!
    Surprisingly he didn't turn into a pillar of shite or anything like that.
    Worked on a Malaysian frigate once with 50/50 christian muslim crew, big fisticuffs when the mussies woke people up with their screeching at all hours"

Did he prey on may people Lingyai? I can understand how distressing it must have been

8. I think its all a big con----------- attention seeking.

My local store --open all hours sells everything run by a Muslim doesn't shut up the shop and I haven't noticed any skinny muslims during ramadan either .

Yesterday was Yom Kippur----not sure if there was any connection but there was a local holiday aswell in this area [Fife] :? :?

9. The connection between the Scot & the Jew is Money

10. Here here. Bangkok is full of Muslims (apparently on leave from their beliefs) they piss up and shag as if Allah is just the noise a muslim makes when you kick him off a cliff.
    Same in the arab countries, they very much have a "do as I say, not as I do attitude"
    Hypocritical minges, as and when it suits.

11. Well said Grace Hotel favoured by our arabic brothers is just a few prayer mats from Nana Plaza, plenty of them praying in the Plaza but it aint for forgiveness

12. You mean they have it and we don't.

Peter