Hols

Reminds me of the Crab Harrier squadron that had a downbird in Norway. They packed some tools into a landrover, got central booking to book them an overnight ferry and accom in Norway and headed off for the ferry. Got on board, got their cabins and "free food" (1st alarm bell), woke up in the morning when they should have been along side and still out at sea (2nd Alarm bell). After some funny looks whilst they were cutting around in combats at guest services (3rd alarm bell) they found out they had been booked onto a 5 day cruise around the fjords :)

2 days later they managed to get off at Bergen when the "Cruise" pulled in.

Worst bit the landrover and tools were still in Hull, they didn't think when told to leave it there by the ships staff, they though they would drive it on for them. Still had the keys in it...

Central Hotel Booking, what legends :)

Taztiff

War Hero
Worst bit the landrover and tools were still in Hull, they didn't think when told to leave it there by the ships staff, they though they would drive it on for them. Still had the keys in it...

Central Hotel Booking, what legends :)
I wondered about that. Also, ferries never left Hull to go to Norway direct. Would have been a long drive via Rotterdam or Zebrugge!!

(I'm sure my wife's uncle was on that cruise to the fjords)