Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by FootballCrazy, Dec 17, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i finish raleigh around July 30th, im hoping to go to a festival on the 25-28th, would this be possible? Im not sure on the navy holidays all i know is that you get some time off in augast, could someone please give me an idea
  2. No you won't be able to go, phase one trainees can't take time off from what is deemed essential training.
  3. I would've started phase 2 by then mate! Btw its on a bank holiday weekend if that helps?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Presumably the festival is in August, not July?

If you are on leave, it's feasible but it depends on the leave dates at your phase two training establishment. Leave dates vary depending on branch/training establishment and the security state. Phase two trainees were called back off leave last year during the Somerset Floods & there are some who were "on standby" last summer & now as part of a reaction force in the event of a major terrorist incident.

At risk of sounding like your Granny, also remember CDTs are common upon return from leave and if your mates are into recreational drugs use, steer clear.
  5. UUUMMM Merry Christmas Ninja, so tempting but this is recruiting ?
  6. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

"At risk of sounding like your Granny,"

NS Why must you bring me into it? For 'FootballCrazy', we go on leave not holidays.
    • Like Like x 1