Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Holidays during phase 2

Ck123

Midshipman
Hi everyone,

First post so please be kind. I’m due to join Raleigh in January and start my phase two in April (logistics branch)

Anyway, what are the chances of getting holidays/ time off during phase 2? I have a close family wedding and I mean if I can’t go then so be it but would only ideally request one day off potentially.

Thank you in advance

Holidays are not allowed during phase 2

.......................................................................................................Takes too long to retrain new entrants even if they have a day off training!!

Holidays are not allowed during phase 2

.......................................................................................................Takes too long to retrain new entrants even if they have a day off training!!
Not a problem thanks for the info!!

Most training establishments take an Easter leave break lasting about two weeks. If all your training goes to plan you may be lucky and your family event may coincide. There will be others more in the know than myself who will give the up to date situation.

Most training establishments take an Easter leave break lasting about two weeks. If all your training goes to plan you may be lucky and your family event may coincide. There will be others more in the know than myself who will give the up to date situation.
Thank you I appreciate it

Unfortunately the wedding is 1st of June

Thank you I appreciate it

Unfortunately the wedding is 1st of June
I see. Never mind just play it by ear and try and judge where you are nearer the time. I believe it is possible to get weekend leave during Phase 2 so perhaps that will be a help.

As 1 Jun is a Saturday I would expect you to be able to get away for it. You should get 3 out 4 weekends off during Phase 2, and if you ask early enough it would seem reasonable to expect to be excused any duty that weekend.

As 1 Jun is a Saturday I would expect you to be able to get away for it. You should get 3 out 4 weekends off during Phase 2, and if you ask early enough it would seem reasonable to expect to be excused any duty that weekend.
Yeah I will do that thank you! As it’s an Indian wedding it lasts a week but I never expected/anticipated to get that time off anyway!

Its a weekend, you might get lucky. Always worth mentioning it to Phase 2 Divisional staff nearer the time. If people know in advance it helps. However it depends on what the course programme has in store for you on/around that date. Good luck.

Weddings were once suitable occasions* for a 'Rig Run' and this might still be the case - worth enquiring of your instructional staff and hosts?

*Opportunity to wear uniform** with (lower case) pride whilst giving the ladies the option to 'Touch your collar for luck, Jack?'

**Long white tapes securing silk & lanyard were favourite at weddings, too. (Traditional yet probably never sanctified within Pussers Dress Regulations and I never heard of anyone getting trooped for wearing 'em either.)

I understood it to be long white tapes for groom only.........if there are a bunch of your oppos there in rig it will help the bride to spot new hubby after downing umpteen glasses of bubbly.....or not. ;)

Every rig wedding I attended as a JR only the groom had white tapes, including my own wedding.

I think it's a tradition to mark out the condemned man ;)