Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by krisbnt, Feb 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone and before you all have a go at me im only asking this question because im curious.
    I was wandering how you go about booking holiday when you are in the navy? Obvioulsy you get an allocated number of days each year but what is the process of booking them? Are you told when you can have them or as long as your not at see can you have them as you wish?

Just wandering
    Many thank Kris
  2. We have set leave periods every year, usually aligned with school holidays. 2 weeks at Xmas and Easter and 3 weeks in the summer. However, it all depends where you are and what you are doing. For example, if your ship/squadron is away you obviously take leave when you get back. At the end of the day your manpower controller/line manager will help.

Hope this helps.

3. :smile: :smile:
    Holiday, Why?
    Life in the navy is one long holiday

Waiting for incoming :wink: :wink:
  4. Wish I had a shilling for the many times I was told/informed/shouted I was on a tax payers holiday.
  5. cheers lads! much appreciated! perhaps i can still go the world cup then! :lol:
  6. Depends where you are, what you're doing, what your role is etc.

Some places have fixed leave periods, others have longer leave periods within which everyone has to negotiate taking time off whilst covering the job and some don't restrict when you take the time as long as you get the job done.
  7. Hmm? Us? :shock: :smile:
  8. ha trust me ive said a few things on here before and though ww3 was breaking out!
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Leave - you put the time in, you get the time of... :wink:
  10. kris

i believe that you are trying to get into AET world - at Sultan they are very strict on th eleave periods - no leeway whatsoever. however once out in the real world if you are trying for Sk Mk4 then you would be advised to see the SMR asap and volunteer for evry shi**y job going and maybe even do a retard leave duty. always handy to have a week or two in the pocket. however go for harriers and they work to crab rules and you take your leave when you want within reason.
  11. You get the time of what? your life? the month? or was that time off?? :wink:
  12. Aye, beats working for a living.