Holiday to China

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by Stand_Still, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been left some money by an uncle who all his life enjoyed travelling so I have decided that I will spend a fair part of it on a trip somewhere. It was a toss up between going back to a place I enjoyed in my time at sea or somewhere new and the somewhere new won. I have decided on a visit to China, including a short cruise up the Yangtse.
    I would be grateful for any advice, positive or negative, on travel companies, time of year, clothes to take and anything else all you much travelled RRs can offer.

2. I did the Great Wall trip when we came alongside in China. Flew to Bejing from where we berthed. Was good worth doing. Meals, hotel, great wall, summer palace etc all included

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. We looked at a vacation to China later this year.....looked great on paper but research raised a few question regarding quality/variety of food available at the various stops on the tours. Speaking to people/friends of friends etc who have done it, revealed that the trip was great and pretty reasonable cost wise (Subsided by the Chinese Gov't?) , however 'it was great to get back home to some decent food'.....good trip if you want to loose a few pounds.....^^...and some of the bathrooms etc were pretty gross by all accounts.

We have decided to hold off for the time being.....

4. The food I experienced in the restaurants we top notch, the 5 star hotel we stayed (as part of the tour price) was on a street greatly named Beer Street iirc. Full of good bars and a nightclub I ended up in.

48hrs pissed and still have a good tourism experience.

This was back in 2000 and only cost me 150 pounds plus drinking money.

Didn't have a bad thing to say about it. That's my experience. The dit of the trip is another story altogether

5. The one dressed up was with my local primary school bear I took on the deployment for the kids to follow his trip. I very drunk agree to dress in the Emperor's Clothes

Attached Files:

6. Don't know if I'm allowed back in having been barred from the Peace Hotel in Shanghai in '86!