Holiday in Spain for Injured servicemen/women

oldbaldy

Badgeman

oldbaldy

Badgeman
Re: Holiday in Spain for Injured troops

Copied from ARRSE:

To all, my husband was injured during a mortar attack on his camp during his tour of iraq, luckily his injuries were nothing that wouldnt heal in time and he was alive unlike so many unfortunate others. He was sent home for several weeks and he later rejoined the regiment to finish the tour with the lads, unfortunately he was sent back home due to the sudden death of his father and was absolutely devastated. He has spent the last 6 months trying so hard to look after his mother and sister aswell as his own his two children and myself as he is the only male remaining in his small family. As you can imagine this has been stressfull and quite distressing at times and just as we was feeling the strain we was approuched by a very generous offer for free accomodation in spain, they have been fantastic and it was very easy to arrange, they have even given us a substantial amount towards flights. I can,t even begin to express our gratitude on behalf of my husband and two children who deserve this gift like so many others out there so thankyou from the bottom of our hearts david and friends for your dedication and generosity for i know there is no financial gain to be made atall from this very deserving cause. God bless the fallen, keep safe the lads out there and most inportant keep on smiling xxxxxxxx
Get your money in here:
http://www.helpthemout.co.uk/

Every penny helps

blue_sophist

Lantern Swinger

So that's where you were hiding, O_B.

Good to see all the evidence of Pusser doing a bit to help a mate ... in a kipper's ear :thumbdown:

Of course, they're not that affected by the casualties in 'Stan and IQ, so I suppose it's understandable.

I do seem to recall the Crabs and Pongoes were rather pro-Navy after the Falklands thingy, when more than a few good sailors were casualties. Still, long time ago, best forgotten, eh.

blue_sophist

Lantern Swinger

If anyone else, apart from ARRSE members, is reading this thread, they might consider adding their badge to the Selly Oak Quilt.

A donation ensures "We shall remember them wot gave a few quid" ...

CLICKY-LINKY-QUILT-THING

Harrumph, etc.

blue_sophist

Lantern Swinger
SITREP ... 16.1530 Mar 08.

minister_doh_nut said:
So far we have received donations totalling around £ 16,800 since 12 Dec 07 [i.e. in 3 months]

Out of this, we have been able to help over a dozen wounded and their family have a break in Spain in the free accommodation given by Spanish Dave and his friends out there. Some have already gone, others are booked, and we have other suitable cases on hold until we can raise enough money.

In addition, we have been able to give immediate help to 9 other guys in the UK in situations where the normal Service Charities would not have been able to move fast enough.

We also have £2.5K set aside to enhance facilities for the families of the wounded at Selly Oak.

There are obviously other cases in the wings, but we can't say too much for PERSEC and simple respect for those concerned.

More to follow, and figure was accurate a few days ago so there is a couple of hundred more to go on

Awesome result folks ... but more still to do, of course.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Nautical Jokes 4
babystew Miscellaneous 0
Shakey Blue Jokes 2