Hole found in nuclear submarine

Pitfirrane

Lantern Swinger
Local rumour has it that it will be an excuse for Babcock to try and see if they can 'dock down' a nuclear boat so that when they close Guzz all will be well in Gordon's back yard. QED.

Not_a_boffin

War Hero
Borrocks.

Babcock have an ongoing requirement to dock down the Rosyth boats on a regular basis. What they don't have any more is a licence to dock down live nuclear boats (ie still fuelled).

The really amusing thing is the time it has taken to hit the nationals, this was all over the local rags and local radio a week or so ago. Just shows you how quick the nationals are.

PINCH

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
The really amusing thing is the time it has taken to hit the nationals, this was all over the local rags and local radio a week or so ago. Just shows you how quick the nationals are.

It's called a slow or no news day, or Churnalism, as opposed to good journalism :thumright: :thumright:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
PINCH said:
Maxi_77 said:

It's called a slow or no news day, or Churnalism, as opposed to good journalism :thumright: :thumright:

This just in:-

Princess Di is dead (still)...and that's official.

SELJUK

War Hero
With our decommisioned boats sitting rusting away what would I do with them. Obviously we can't use them all as museums but how about the first of each class. The rest, sad to say, they've got to go. Scuttled to the bottom of the ocean. Afterall they do it to skimmers.
I'd like one in my back garden, it'd just fit but a few of my neighbours would lose daylight for most of the year!
It would break my heart to see them go but...go they must!

BillyNoMates

War Hero
SELJUK said:
With our decommisioned boats sitting rusting away what would I do with them. Obviously we can't use them all as museums but how about the first of each class. The rest, sad to say, they've got to go. Scuttled to the bottom of the ocean. Afterall they do it to skimmers.
I'd like one in my back garden, it'd just fit but a few of my neighbours would lose daylight for most of the year!
It would break my heart to see them go but...go they must!

Then again....there's always the Japanese slant on things:-

http://gaijintonic.com/2007/02/13/partying-with-the-japanese-captain-birdseye/

SELJUK

War Hero
Now there's a thought...theme pubs. The hulls wouldn't have to be used only in coastal towns. High Town in Hereford would be ideal...it would be a bit snug but wow...bit of a novelty. The Black and White House would probably get mashed to firewood but hey ho...it only dates from the Tudor period!!!! :rambo:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Steven Speilbergs "themed restaurant" in the USA.

Dive.jpg

(Now....where would you put the Warspite, Conqueror etc, and
all them "S" Boats now wallowing about doing bugger all?)

Latest Threads