Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding troop

Hi guys, got my interview and medical next week, so hopefully will be in a holding troop soon, just curious as to what goes on of a normal evening? and any ideas when the next recruit troop will be starting? I'll be joining Dundee det by the way.

Cheers,

G

jm745

Anyone know if you can attend holding troop while in preparation for the regulars? I know it's for RMR but as their isn't really something like it for regulars I thought they might let you attend to improve your fitness before selection. Cheers.

Joe

carl

Badgeman
Yeah you can attend holding troop if waiting to join the regs, you need to have all your admin (medical pjfa interview and eye test) all squared away first though.

Holding troop is predominantly phiz so that the pti's can prepaire you for the selection weekend and to tell you what sort of fitness you should be getting. As a bonus you may get to sit in on some lessons etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Holding Troop RMR 3
T Last night in holding troop..... RMR 15
T What do i need to go Holding troop? RMR 3
H Know anyone that wants to Join Glasgow Holding troop RMR 0
T Should i go to Holding Troop? RMR 8
miffta Holding Troop LIVERPOOL RMR RMR 12
L RMR BRISTOL HOLDING TROOP RMR 3
S Holding Troop...does it work? RMR 19
MoD_RSS Holding onto peace in South Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment term extended of existing Non-Executive members of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company MoD News 0
J FAA Holding Times The Fleet Air Arm 3
MoD_RSS South Oxfordshire Local Plan: holding Direction letter to council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Collecting evidence to use in holding Daesh accountable for crimes against humanity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board holding event in Bradford on member recruitment and improving diversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board holding event in Sheffield on member recruitment and improving diversity MoD News 0
Strangelove Holding the line: the UK Defence Budget Current Affairs 0
soleil RN Site: "Holding Out For A Hero" - Wiggy Wigfull (SAR) In Running For 'Hero' Award The Fleet Air Arm 0
C Holding or awaiting training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M INJURIES HOLDING BACK Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
Nails Tradition holding us back? The Corps 30
1 Royal Marine to SAS Air Troop The Corps 27
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary welcomes US troop reduction in Afghanistan MoD News 0
trelawney126 US unveils new Troop Landing Craft Current Affairs 4
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces reduction in UK troop numbers in Afghanistan Current Affairs 0
soleil Herald: "Award For Ambulance Response Troop" The Corps 1
sgtpepperband HMS Ocean's Apaches wipe out troop concentration in Libya The Fleet 0
M Recce troop The Corps 3
NotmeChief Troop bonus to double Current Affairs 13
finknottle Harden Troop 45 The Corps 3
5dits Troop shortages force Navy to plug gaps in Afghanistan Current Affairs 14
alabama_leprechaun 959 Troop online training diary The Corps 1
mikey_boi Royal Marines Police Troop The Corps 24
1ManRiot 107 Troop RMR 204
sgtpepperband Troop Aid Charity 3
D Bush pledges Iraq troop reduction Current Affairs 6
D Anyone on here from Merseyside's new 107 Troop? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
N 45 Cdo Mortar Troop in action Current Affairs 7
NZ_Bootneck Troop Piss ups The Corps 227