Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding or awaiting training

chrisjf84

Midshipman
I have been accepted into RN (AET) and start RT in Sep, after completing phase 1 training does the phase 2a course commence straight away or is there a holding area?

thanks

chrisjf84

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unless there's an annual leave period between phase one and two trade training, you can expect to leave Raleigh on the Friday & join Sultan to commence phase 2a on the Monday.

If you're back-classed at Raleigh, having failed an element of training, you may encounter a training hold-over before the next AET intake passes through.

chrisjf84

Midshipman
Thanks Ninja_Stoker

You must be up for CA of the year awards either that under the thumb and Sat nights are just for youngins

cheers

BigBurt

Badgeman
Ninja_Stoker said:
Unless there's an annual leave period between phase one and two trade training, you can expect to leave Raleigh on the Friday & join Sultan to commence phase 2a on the Monday.

If you're back-classed at Raleigh, having failed an element of training, you may encounter a training hold-over before the next AET intake passes through.

Are the phase 2 AET intakes 1 class/course every six months, or are there staggered courses running all the time? (I think I worded that correctly!)

Thanks.
BB

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
chrisjf84 said:
You must be up for CA of the year awards either that under the thumb...

I'm the uncontested holder of the "Best Looking CA Trophy" if that counts, but yes, the latter is more apt.

BigBurt said:
Are the phase 2 AET intakes 1 class/course every six months, or are there staggered courses running all the time? (I think I worded that correctly!)

I think there's currently an intake of AETs each month - doubtless someone will correct that if I'm wrong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Holding onto peace in South Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment term extended of existing Non-Executive members of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company MoD News 0
J FAA Holding Times The Fleet Air Arm 3
MoD_RSS South Oxfordshire Local Plan: holding Direction letter to council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Collecting evidence to use in holding Daesh accountable for crimes against humanity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board holding event in Bradford on member recruitment and improving diversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board holding event in Sheffield on member recruitment and improving diversity MoD News 0
Strangelove Holding the line: the UK Defence Budget Current Affairs 0
soleil RN Site: "Holding Out For A Hero" - Wiggy Wigfull (SAR) In Running For 'Hero' Award The Fleet Air Arm 0
M INJURIES HOLDING BACK Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
Nails Tradition holding us back? The Corps 30
D Holding troop RMR 3
J Holding Troop RMR 3
T Last night in holding troop..... RMR 15
T What do i need to go Holding troop? RMR 3
H Know anyone that wants to Join Glasgow Holding troop RMR 0
T Should i go to Holding Troop? RMR 8
miffta Holding Troop LIVERPOOL RMR RMR 12
L RMR BRISTOL HOLDING TROOP RMR 3
S Holding Troop...does it work? RMR 19
D Awaiting outcome from NRC Joining the Royal Navy 0
J Warfare Officers - Awaiting Sift Interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
B Awaiting AIB Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
J Completed SMQ Dry Awaiting draft. Submariners 9
B Awaiting joining date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J Passed medical and awaiting phsyical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
marmalizer RFA Fort George: In Canada Dock, Liverpool. Awaiting disposal :( Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
F Awaiting my first days basic Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
W can i join the reserves while awaiting a start date Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 40
W MARINE ENGINEER SUBMARINERS AWAITING BASIC TRAINING Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
trelawney126 Rapist Awaiting Deportation Escapes Current Affairs 1
R Weapon engineers awaiting basic training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
F Joining the RNR while awaiting a start date as a regular? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 38
S Awaiting MoD approval Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
RabC Training Places Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS British Embassy Costa Rica provides training for customs officials on UK-Central America Association Agreement MoD News 0
S Training Diary for appeal Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS Top award for regulator training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence Police clamp down on illegal activity and keep the training estate safe in the south east MoD News 0
P Pipeline Training RFA 1
K Please help with Interview and Training information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Training fund launched to help vets prepare for 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major expansion of post-18 education and training to level up and prepare workers for post-COVID economy MoD News 0
S RFA Training Pipeline RFA 11
MoD_RSS Completion of training facility at RAF Waddington MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint approach to training gets international recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: launch of ‘help us say yes’ online training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Training for Security Control Room Operators in Responding to Terrorist Incidents – We would like your views MoD News 0
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5