Holding or awaiting training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisjf84, Mar 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been accepted into RN (AET) and start RT in Sep, after completing phase 1 training does the phase 2a course commence straight away or is there a holding area?

thanks

chrisjf84

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Unless there's an annual leave period between phase one and two trade training, you can expect to leave Raleigh on the Friday & join Sultan to commence phase 2a on the Monday.

If you're back-classed at Raleigh, having failed an element of training, you may encounter a training hold-over before the next AET intake passes through.

3. Thanks Ninja_Stoker

You must be up for CA of the year awards either that under the thumb and Sat nights are just for youngins

cheers

4. Are the phase 2 AET intakes 1 class/course every six months, or are there staggered courses running all the time? (I think I worded that correctly!)

Thanks.
    BB

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm the uncontested holder of the "Best Looking CA Trophy" if that counts, but yes, the latter is more apt.

I think there's currently an intake of AETs each month - doubtless someone will correct that if I'm wrong.