Hold over at HMS Raleigh after Phase 1

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by alexissonice, Jul 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any idea what you get up to?

2. You're used as a dogs body. Had a week of it after I passed out. Mainly used it to catch up on sleep after phase 1. It's not bad for a week but if you've got a long holdover I'd speak to the chief in holdover about going to your AFCO. How long are you in holdover for?

3. 3 weeks ..I heard around division that you had to be plus 3 weeks to get an AFCO placement so just short. It's no bother tho...few gash duties, some clean ships and actually have time to actually go down the gym and commence IMF rehabilitation to renew my love of fitness minus the camp sprints. Do you know if the kit muster to get ya shore leave at weekends is a proper kit muster or is it like collingrad where they just check you got no missing kit?

4. The kit muster all depends on the mood your DO is in. He might just do a 'check it's all there' one or a full one. I didn't do one because I was only in there until Friday and the kit muster was on Thursday so didn't see the point. I was only in holdover for a week so can't really tell you much about it. I've heard it's pretty crap though. Only upside is you can go out and get shiters in guzz on the weekend. Where you off to after holdover?