Ho Ho Bleeding Ho! ... or what to buy for Chrimbo?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by MG Maniac, Dec 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hate Christmas shopping ... every year the shops fill up with "seasonal tat" and things that I wouldn't give house room to. Kids and Grandkids are easy and plenty of choice ... although got told not to buy a drum kit for the grandson .. can't think why! But trogging round the shops the dilemma this year is what to give my 88yr old Mother ... although may probably resort to some horrendously overpriced sweater from Edinburgh Mills! And then theres 'Er Indoors ... I'm doomed!
  2. Just go down the tried and tested route of buying everyone stuff that you want.

"Here you go Mummy, it's a Makita SDS drill, I'm sure you'll find loads of uses for it. When you aren't using it is there any chance I can borrow it please?"

Eventually it will become yours.

My son is getting a remote control helicopter which he is too young to play with, daughter is getting some Disney DVDs that I want to watch and the wife is getting some winter tyres for 'our' truck, a new bar for 'our' chainsaw and a chicken coup.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Would you like suggestions? :icon_smile:
  4. I have done most of mine online, seems to be better offers on! The Body Shop for example- 50% off everything online and free delivery; in the shop everything is full priced still! Clothes shops as well have a variety of 25% off offers on etc, instore nothing.
  5. Makita SDS drill.

6. If you feel so inclined Sol ... any ideas are most welcome. :idea1:

SDD ... Bought my own present ... New Stihl MS 181CB 14" chain saw ... seeing my old McCulloch has just popped its clogs after 12 years!
  7. Your Mum might like tickets for a weekend away, perhaps to see a show in London?

Your good lady might like her favourite perfume or the bath stuff etc which goes with it and something like lovely nightwear.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

And I'd like a Kenwood Chef please.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  9. Bullshit.

They both want a ride on lawnmower and a new socket set.
  10. Got one Thanks!

Now yer talking! Garden Tractor will do nicely!
  11. exJenny

Alternator for a Maestro?

12. What's a Maestro? :laughing3:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Thinking about it ExJ . . have you tried the Victorian & Albert?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG] [​IMG]Jenny looking for business....[​IMG]...... with her Maestro !
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Really? :? How would you like it if someone implied that your wife/sister/daughter/etc. was a prostitute?
  16. I thought it implied that the lady in question was a car sales person...:rofl:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I used to run a sales team (In a past life)....I trained them to 'prospect, ' i.e. search for new business, and they all drove Maestros*... but that is by the by......
    You really must accept, SPB, that there is a commercial world out there where people actually manufacture and sell things.

Edited to add..........* Apart from me....I drove a big fcuk off Granada Ghia.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  18. exJenny

If only I was that skinny, 20 years older, the maestro was black and an MG that could be me.

19. Bah! Humbug! I will be glad when this annual nonsense is over.