HMS Whitby - Ship's Bell

failed_tiff

Midshipman
Can anyone help to find the whereabouts of the Ship's Bell from HMS Whitby? :?:

According to Wikipedia, it was sold for scrap in 1979, but I would imagine that the bell would have been removed when it was decommissioned in 1974.

I have already tried the obvious Google Search, but wouldnt really know where to try after that!! :idea:

Drobin4

The ships bell you are talking about was given to Whitby town council and was hung in the Whitby Pannet park art gallery.I know this to be a fact as I was a Whitby town councillor as well as a former crew member of said H.M.S. Whitby.
Hope this has been of help. Kind regards.
Derek Robinson

The ships bell you are talking about was given to Whitby town council and was hung in the Whitby Pannet park art gallery.I know this to be a fact as I was a Whitby town councillor as well as a former crew member of said H.M.S. Whitby.
Hope this has been of help. Kind regards.
Derek Robinson
Hi I or my brother was christened on Whitby do you have any photos it, I believe my Dad Trevor Hayden was also on board

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hi I or my brother was christened on Whitby do you have any photos it, I believe my Dad Trevor Hayden was also on board
Drobin4 made that post 9 years ago, you may not get a response, it may be better to contact Whitby town council if the bell is still there.

Latest Threads