HMS Westminster holds the age old Crossing the Line Ceremony

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by tomcat24, Jan 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quite right.

Except that's the Friday Toast buggered.

(OK, I realise that he meant for the duration of the Ceremony)
  2. There's a middy in the photos with a grin like donkey, scary!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  3. Isn't it an astonishing sign of the times that this was the first time the CO had crossed the line during his naval career?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Besides qualifications, a little-known fact is that big teeth and an overbite score 180 points at AIB. :toothy3:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. As I remember when the kid did it this year the XO went through the dunking as well. As you say N G, quite incredible. Its good to see the girls dont get let off. She said the bears arrived in the mess , pinned her to the floor and puch the cr*p out of her. Damn right too Ive been wanting to do that from time to time for the past 21 years lol.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. From the website, he's a submariner, so this may be his first sustained set of runs ashore as well!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

...and the potential to add to the jubilee medal count.
  8. do they really punch sailors during crossing the line?
  9. Fixed it.*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. lol dsgrnmcm indeed...... If you could possibly edit the other bit after as it reads a bit worrying now as I was only interested in punching her :D.

Well she said she was punched . Im guesing not that hard just roughed up a bit and all a bit of a laugh.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  11. Our Wardroom really rather surprised the bears; I don't think they were expecting the reception we gave them. Suffice to say, fun was had by all......
    • Like Like x 1