HMS Victory (RNB) WWII Bulldog Mascot

Discussion in 'History' started by ulsternorrie, Sep 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been searching for hours on the internet for a picture of the bulldog mascot of HMS Victory in WWII (1942). I have a very poor clipping from an unknown magazine/naval association newsletter, depicting the dog sat on top of the rum barrel and would like to get a decent image if anybody has one.
  2. I can't remember if the bulldog Vectis King who was a mascot at HMS Victory was during or after the War; but if you can find some stuff about him hopefully that will help your search :) if you still have no luck i can ask some of me old workmates if they have any more of an idea!
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

4. Hi! Rachel,
    Many thanks for your response. Spent hours searching internet with no success, lots of dog mascots including bulldogs, but nothing found on HMS Victory 1942 mascot. Any help that your old work mate could provide would be much appreciated.
  5. Hi! Ninja_Stoker,
    Thought of that too, may worth a shot.
  6. On my search all I could find was some bint talking about her Victory, dogging in Portsmouth.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. No worries, he is going to have a shufty tomorrow and i'll let you know :) btw i mean old workmates as in they work somewhere i used to, reading it back it seems i am being rude and calling them old haha!
  8. He is so adorable thoughhh ahhh. My friend in da museum is going to have a look in the archives and ask around tomorrow and report back. There is a book which looks promising but there are no previews on google books or amazon, upsetting.
  9. Hi! Rachel,
    Maybe ex-workmates migh have sounded better! LOL
  10. Haha yes on reflection that is very true!
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Dey do, do dat doh, don't dey?
  12. Just trying to get in touch with my 'urban rootz' ya know how it is yeahhhh
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fer shizzle :cool: