HMS Victory Britians Best Location

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Daktari, Aug 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The following e mail appeared in my inbox this morning - for you information!

Dear friend of HMS VICTORY

Britain's Best is a television show on UKTV History. Presented by Alan Titchmarsh, it features some of the best-loved historical sites in Britain - While the show will take in some of the biggest and best historic sites in Britain, the website - as well as having exclusive 'behind the scenes' clips of some of the most interesting locations - is the place to come to to ensure your personal favourites are included in the final vote for Britain's Best historic site. HMS VICTORY has been nominated and is doing very well in the voting, so well in fact that a UKTV crew were onboard on the 15th August filming for the show.

How can you help? Well, if you know about the ship, have visited her and think that she deserves the title Britain's Best, you can vote now here VOTE FOR HMS VICTORY HERE.

Voting ends on the 27th August so now is the time to put this unique icon of British heritage at the top of the league. According to the rules, you can actually vote up to 1000 times for each attraction!

It is against MoD policy for me to illicit a chain e-mail, it is up to you if you wanted to pass this on.

John Scivier

Lt Cdr RN

CO HMS Victory

Tel: (9380) 23111
  2. I had already signed up to this a while ago. But fully agree we should bump up the vote count. The telly programmes have been interesting too.
  3. voted.

4. As I served on her in the late 60's, will be voting.
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Likewise. QM and Tour Guide in '89 (the last year matelots did organised tours on board for the public). Get voting people - she's the RN's Flagship!
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Was Victory not a regular draft for those coming out of DQ's at one time?
  7. sgtpepperband

Not regular, although when I was on there, we had a couple of RMs who had done several months in DQs and were permitted to work in the Dockyard for good behaviour. Good lads too!

8. now its just a draft for top mast time. and ppl going out on a wibble.
  9. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

10. Bump up for this well deserved vote. Come on guys, and girls, it's Naval History at it's best!! :thumright: :thumright:
  11. sgtpepperband

12. If only it was that easy to vote in general elections too, although perhaps voting 1000 times for your fav politian may be a little OTT.

Anyway, voted for the ship - Hurrah!!
  13. voted
  14. Me too
  15. My vote is added too
  16. Done my bit.
    One thing that makes me go eeeek is the damage to Cutty Sark after the fire. I hope Pusser has got Victory's fire fighting systems sorted. To lose her to something like that would be a tragedy. Does she have a standing fire party or wotnot?

17. Where the fcuk is this place Britian...FFS
  18. Dunno! I live on South Island anyway! At least 5 miles off the coast of Pompey!