HMS Victory Britians Best Location

The following e mail appeared in my inbox this morning - for you information!

Daktari

Dear friend of HMS VICTORY

Britain's Best is a television show on UKTV History. Presented by Alan Titchmarsh, it features some of the best-loved historical sites in Britain - While the show will take in some of the biggest and best historic sites in Britain, the website - as well as having exclusive 'behind the scenes' clips of some of the most interesting locations - is the place to come to to ensure your personal favourites are included in the final vote for Britain's Best historic site. HMS VICTORY has been nominated and is doing very well in the voting, so well in fact that a UKTV crew were onboard on the 15th August filming for the show.

How can you help? Well, if you know about the ship, have visited her and think that she deserves the title Britain's Best, you can vote now here VOTE FOR HMS VICTORY HERE.http://uktv.co.uk/history/britainsbest/site/id/22

Voting ends on the 27th August so now is the time to put this unique icon of British heritage at the top of the league. According to the rules, you can actually vote up to 1000 times for each attraction!

It is against MoD policy for me to illicit a chain e-mail, it is up to you if you wanted to pass this on.

John Scivier

Lt Cdr RN

CO HMS Victory

Tel: (9380) 23111

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Likewise. QM and Tour Guide in '89 (the last year matelots did organised tours on board for the public). Get voting people - she's the RN's Flagship!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
janner said:
Was Victory not a regular draft for those coming out of DQ's at one time?
Not regular, although when I was on there, we had a couple of RMs who had done several months in DQs and were permitted to work in the Dockyard for good behaviour. Good lads too!

:D

dustyjack

Lantern Swinger
If only it was that easy to vote in general elections too, although perhaps voting 1000 times for your fav politian may be a little OTT.

Anyway, voted for the ship - Hurrah!!

Done my bit.
One thing that makes me go eeeek is the damage to Cutty Sark after the fire. I hope Pusser has got Victory's fire fighting systems sorted. To lose her to something like that would be a tragedy. Does she have a standing fire party or wotnot?

Daktari said:
The following e mail appeared in my inbox this morning - for you information!

Daktari

Dear friend of HMS VICTORY

Britain's Best is a television show on UKTV History. Presented by Alan Titchmarsh, it features some of the best-loved historical sites in Britain - While the show will take in some of the biggest and best historic sites in Britain, the website - as well as having exclusive 'behind the scenes' clips of some of the most interesting locations - is the place to come to to ensure your personal favourites are included in the final vote for Britain's Best historic site. HMS VICTORY has been nominated and is doing very well in the voting, so well in fact that a UKTV crew were onboard on the 15th August filming for the show.

How can you help? Well, if you know about the ship, have visited her and think that she deserves the title Britain's Best, you can vote now here VOTE FOR HMS VICTORY HERE.http://uktv.co.uk/history/britainsbest/site/id/22

Voting ends on the 27th August so now is the time to put this unique icon of British heritage at the top of the league. According to the rules, you can actually vote up to 1000 times for each attraction!

It is against MoD policy for me to illicit a chain e-mail, it is up to you if you wanted to pass this on.

John Scivier

Lt Cdr RN

CO HMS Victory

Tel: (9380) 23111

Where the fcuk is this place Britian...FFS