HMS Triumph returns from marathon deployment

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Just seen the return featured on BBC News at One, good coverage and nice to see the happy faces of the crew relatives as they were reunited. Well done lads and 3 cheers!!!
  3. Another long trip! she did a world trip out of build with a maint period in Australia
  4. With the original 13 S&T boats gradually being replaced by only 7 Astutes, the few remaining T-boats (the S-boats having all been decommissioned) and their crews are really being driven into the ground. As the RSS feed states, Triumph has just returned after 10 and a half months away but she only came back from her previous patrol in April last year after spending 13 of the preceeding 17 months away. Also last year, Tireless (due to be decommissioned next year) completed a 10 month deployment in May and Turbulent (decommissioned earlier this month) completed a 9 month deployment in December.
  5. Shit thats as bad as it gets for submariners, hope there are some jollies and not all work and no play?
  6. my dad was on triumph, was a pitty they spelt his name wrong when bbc news interviewd him!, he returned 3 days before me, was good though as i got meet up with him at sea and spent the day on his boat! you guys might of seen it in navy news?
  7. I saw him on the news, he's still an ugly ****** :wink:
  8. ill pass the message on wrecker!
  9. :thumbright: