HMS Triumph Launches Tomahawk Missiles

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Drakey, Mar 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The 'Oggie Wrapper' report is here
  2. I heard it was a shared op between Turbulent, Torbay, Tireless, Triumph, Trenchant and Talent. See what I did there? OPSEC disinformation! Clever stuff eh? Come on then Gaddaffi dig the lumps out of that one!
  3. Why are they allowed (these days) to get away with reporting identity? Bad form
  4. Most of the media is following the Press Association's lead in crediting the strikes to "A Trafalgar Class Submarine" and not being more specific.
  5. Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2 just mentioned HMS Triumph. They are obviously not following the Press Association's lead.
  6. Thanks Sol, saw that in the 'Lorimer statement'

Does anyone at MoD follow up and have a word in certain ears?
    Chastise them, I say
  7. From the original report it looks like it was the Septic spokesman who made first mention - once the cat is out of the bag it is a bit tricky trying to get it back in. I blame WikiLeaks for all this openness by the US - it has become habit forming!
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Its become traditional for the BBC to give information that might be useful to the enemy, remember the Falklands
  9. Better to keep shtum & believe nothing until a boat safely returns wearing the traditional J.R. Comme ca:

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

11. Could you squeeze anymore bodies onto that bit that sticks up?
  12. I'll have to ask their Nav when I next see him.
  13. That's a super photo, Bob, like it very much.