HMS Torbay has a make-over!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jenny_Dabber, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It looks so pretty :lol:

full story
  2. This story has been doing the rounds of cyberspace for over a week-the Sun even mentioned it!!
  3. I thought with all the new hitech AS weaponry the skimmers have now they weren't worried about seeing submerged boats from aircraft ..

Another spin ?????????????????
  4. Have they stripped off the tiles or does the blue paint go over the top?
  5. Better than the pink that was suggested for her years ago :oops:
  6. Working in DRD and you can only just see the change in cooler it looks like some one just f***ed up with the mixing of the paint (yes it is just paint at the moment)
  7. dt018a9667 how would you compare it to the experimental blue on a t-boart in the '90s.It looks a deeper shade of blue to me.Has anyone taken a sample to B&Q to get a colour match yet?
  8. I hardly think the colour matters versus todays technology, if the enemy is using visual spotting to target the boat these days I don't think we need to be too worried.
  10. Are we going to see any more in blue?It will be interesting to see what colour the first astute is.
  11. Also did anyone notice in the photo that all the ships company were dressed in whites, alongside in Guz! (Defiance across the road I think)
  12. yes i noticed,has global warming come to west devon whilst the rest of the UK was still in the grip of winter?They must be a tough lot on that boat!