HMS Tireless Incident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by chockhead819, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has there been some kind of cover up /cock up regarding the 2 lads that were killed a couple of years back?

I just caught part of an article on tv last night, it said there is a potential embarassment for Govt/MOD regarding fitting old equipment back onboard which could have caused the explosion

It even included an apology in the Commons, as well as stating that the whole crew, Admirals & Ministers are appearing at a coroners court

2. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

This would be about the inquest which is due to start next month. There is an earlier thread about Tireless. According to the BOI report which has been published by the MoD, the explosion involved an oil-contaminated SCOG (as you know, self contained oxygen generator for emergencies). I understand there is an issue about storage of SCOGs onshore.

There are said to be 100 witnesses expected at the inquest, so I suggest leaving discussion until after the inquest has concluded.

3. Reclassifying 'Unserviceable' parts to 'A1' with the stroke of a pen… Gotta save the pennies and **** the lives it risks.