HMS TIPTOE Crew member 1960's

Trying to trace records for a CPO Peter Smith who served on Tiptoe...we have a service number and wondered if anyone had any ideas how to get some more information about him. Thanks in advance

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There are a couple of Diesel Boat Submariners sites, try and get access, if they wont let you in come back to me on this site and give all the details you can ie date of birth what job he did, some sort of time line would probably help as well.

Trying to trace records for a CPO Peter Smith who served on Tiptoe...we have a service number and wondered if anyone had any ideas how to get some more information about him. Thanks in advance
Sorry M T. Just seen your post on the other thread. The Peter Smith I knew was always a three badge AB, and a skimmer. Good luck with your search.

fishhead

War Hero
The problems with looking for anyone called Smith are firstly it is a common surname and also they were usually nicknamed "Smudge". I don't recall ever enquiring about real first names.

There are a couple of Diesel Boat Submariners sites, try and get access, if they wont let you in come back to me on this site and give all the details you can ie date of birth what job he did, some sort of time line would probably help as well.

Cant get into these groups Janner any help appreciated

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I need more information to make it worthwhile posting. Years served on Tiptoe, where was she based. What job did He do. Did he serve on any other Boats.
?

I need more information to make it worthwhile posting. Years served on Tiptoe, where was she based. What job did He do. Did he serve on any other Boats.
?
We are really struggling for information Janner...all we know was he was an Engine Room Artificer 1st Class (CPO), joined up in Portsmouth and was also based in Devonport. He joined the submarine service in 1959 and served on Tiptoe between September 1960 and December 1961. He also served in HMS Sea Devil and HMS Narwhal, leaving the service in December 1964

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have circulated the following to three site that Diesel Boat Submariners use...

A request from another site.

We are looking for information on the following-there is no further information at this time.

CPO Peter Smith all we know was he was an Engine Room Artificer 1st Class (CPO), joined up in Portsmouth and was also based in Devonport. He joined the submarine service in 1959 and served on Tiptoe between September 1960 and December 1961. He also served in HMS Sea Devil and HMS Narwhal, leaving the service in December 1964

I will pass on any information.

I have circulated the following to three site that Diesel Boat Submariners use...

A request from another site.

We are looking for information on the following-there is no further information at this time.

CPO Peter Smith all we know was he was an Engine Room Artificer 1st Class (CPO), joined up in Portsmouth and was also based in Devonport. He joined the submarine service in 1959 and served on Tiptoe between September 1960 and December 1961. He also served in HMS Sea Devil and HMS Narwhal, leaving the service in December 1964

I will pass on any information.
Thanks Janner....very much appreciate your time and help....stay safe

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
@Mister Tee

Following passed to me, please let me know if it helps so that I can pass it back.

I have been through our records and have an ERA Peter Smith, (Fitter & Turner) joined HMS Fisgard 12th Sept 1949 O/N MX857635 with Series 07 Entry. This would make his birth year 1933 and he would be 88 today. I suspect joining in Portsmouth would have been the Recruiting Office in Victory barracks before tavelling to Torpoint . He was back-classed to Series 08 in April 1950 and would therefore have gone to Caledonia a term later than his classmates. What is the other site please ?

Latest Threads