HMS THUNDERER (MANADON)

NozzyNozzer said:
This is a Forum created for all you ex-Thunderer trainees, staff and ship's company. I must confess - I thought the place was still open!
It is now a posh housing estate Nozzy , I never served there so can't say much more about it , sorry :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

8) We used to wander onto the Thunderer estate illegally, for a dare when we were kids.

I remember being lined up alongside the outer perimeter fence with my school classmates to wave to Prince Phillip, when he did a visit to the college in the 60's.

The outer grounds are accessible to the public now and are well worth a walk round.

Rgds

Sep 95 - sad time. I was part of the last degree course to go there. Many happy days spent at Crownhill Mono-Technic. There are some cracking dits about the place - blow-up doll filled with helium hoisted on a line during divisions, virtually every "For Sale" sign in Plymouth making their way to the perimeter fence when the closure was announced, cars on fire during divisions to name but a few. Beer, rugby and more beer.
Never had such a big mess bill in all my life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LancashireHussar Current Affairs 8
Jenny_Dabber History 38
Jenny_Dabber Bases / Shore Est 31