Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by NozzyNozzer, Jun 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a Forum created for all you ex-Thunderer trainees, staff and ship's company. I must confess - I thought the place was still open!
  2. It is now a posh housing estate Nozzy , I never served there so can't say much more about it , sorry :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
  3. 8) We used to wander onto the Thunderer estate illegally, for a dare when we were kids.

I remember being lined up alongside the outer perimeter fence with my school classmates to wave to Prince Phillip, when he did a visit to the college in the 60's.

The outer grounds are accessible to the public now and are well worth a walk round.

4. Sep 95 - sad time. I was part of the last degree course to go there. Many happy days spent at Crownhill Mono-Technic. There are some cracking dits about the place - blow-up doll filled with helium hoisted on a line during divisions, virtually every "For Sale" sign in Plymouth making their way to the perimeter fence when the closure was announced, cars on fire during divisions to name but a few. Beer, rugby and more beer.
    Never had such a big mess bill in all my life.