HMS Superb cap tally..

I just found one tonight while going through an old box of stuff ive amounted over the years. I went through a phase of collecting them, but cant remember where i got this from.

Could anyone off the super-b be able to explain why I have it? I dont think its one from the cruiser days, as it looks quite new. I just wondered if some had been made at some point.

I think the point is that submariners' tallys just say HM SUBMARINES, rather than the name of the boat. Thus this is a bit of an enigma.

Am I correct 6x?

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Could anyone off the super-b be able to explain why I have it? I dont think its one from the cruiser days, as it looks quite new. I just wondered if some had been made at some point.
It's not a submarine tally. Boats these days only have 'HM SUBMARINES' on serving JR's cap tallies. Try Wreckers answer.

I can recall a Chief writer who'd served on submarines mentioning that a group of guys from a boat he was on ordered some cap tallys with the boats name on for a laugh. Not sure what boat he was on though.

[QUOTE{Guzzler; ]I think the point is that submariners' tallys just say HM SUBMARINES, rather than the name of the boat. Thus this is a bit of an enigma.
Am I correct ?

Not quite Guzzler ! I seen H.M.SUBMARINE ONYX. cap tallies knocking around about the time of her launch or commissioning at Birkenhead.
Don't know how they would get on with H.M.SUBMARINE AGAMEMNON. though.

I can recall a Chief writer who'd served on submarines mentioning that a group of guys from a boat he was on ordered some cap tallys with the boats name on for a laugh. Not sure what boat he was on though.
for a laugh?

Naye - Suchlike are dispensed 'for services rendered' by certain females deemed not worthy enough to deserve a set of Dolphins.