Hms Sultan

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by BloodyPirate!, Jul 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone on Forum experienced Phase2 training @ Sultan?
    i have a few questions,

first what was your experience of your training,
    i've heard it's challenging and lengthy at best.

and does phase 2 training count as onshore
    posting, i.e do weekend leave rules apply?

2. Weekend rules apply (depending on what rules your on about), Phase 2 doesn't count as an onshore posting as your not on the trained strength yet.
    As for how hard the training is, depends on you and your background (educational and occupational) and isn't meant to be easy, and what branch you are, ET(ME) or AET
  3. still, plenty of cheesecake :)
  4. i.e can one leave base during weekends?
    i'll be in as AET,
    i'm expecting lots of maths so am swotting up.
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

When you going Tim? I'm going to be boarding there later in the year for a while. I might let you buy me a pint. :wink:
  6. Yes, one can leave the base at weekends if one isn't duty or required for work.
    You'll be an AET - good - bravo and well done.
    Keep on swotting up - but remember to enjoy yourself occasionally - all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
  7. Sorry, Witsend not even going to be at Raleigh until January or February at the earliest. If at all. :cry:

How was AC/DC by the way?
  8. Chin up, Dr Z. You don't know what's going to happen.
  9. Nah, I'm just plodding along at the moment, working when work comes my way and keeping up with phys :lol:

If I have to wait, I have to wait. I'd rather they make sure I'm fully fit on entry than let me fcuk my self up beyond repair.
  10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

No worries, I'll meet your mother some time. :wink:
  11. Oh, snap :lol:

To be honest, I'm going to try and keep my mum away from my passing out parade should I get that far, so don't bank on it ;)
  12. Zoid what issues came up in the medical?
  13. thanks Polto,
    likewise i'm looking at a January/Feb entry
    into Raleigh at earliest. (wishes for a dive in applicants).

just completed a lengthy gym sess, only made
    PJFT practice in 12min 01, so will keep on gunning it.

just cant wait to leave civvy street.
    do they have any windsurf equipment at Sultan?
    random question i know.
  14. Pretty sure they do. In fact, if memory serves, they also have an indoor Ski slope, a Tahitian masseuse parlour, 2 on-the-house sushi bars, en-suite sauna/steam rooms, an indoor waterpark with flumes and boogie boards, 24-hr room service, a circus and a scuba-diving dog called Plunger.
  15. forgot the tea wagon RO77 :)
  16. ha bloody ha mates,
    well they seem pretty kitted up with
    their *ahum* DISCO club lol.

they mentioned watersports onsite so was
    wondering, or is it merely an access to a suitable
    sailing launch site?
  17. They meant swamping your rack on bop nights (and there's plenty of local launch sites in Lee-on-the-Solent)
  18. Sorry Sir, I'll just head back down and get it sir..Sugar and milk?? :oops:

Probably something like that, plenty of different watersports that it could be, some slightly more frowned on than others perhaps..