HMS Sultan phase 2 training

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sc0t123, Feb 13, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok so I passed out on Friday and going to Sultan on Monday.

First question, which is a really weird question is what time do the parents get shown around and all that? The CO of Sultan or whoever it was said that parents had the opportunity to get a tour while we go and get our shit sorted out and admin done. So parents are flapping a bit right now as they don't want to be late :p

After that has anyone got any advice for Sultan? Anything I should take or be aware of? Also anyone's recent experience, good points/bad points.

I should point out I'm going in as an ETME doing a 30 week course, not a NA or any others.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Congratulations on passing the first bit.

It seems somewhat remiss of the CO of Sultan, or whoever invited parents to have a look-see, didn't go so far as to furnish further details with regard the time your leave expires.

Best bet is to give Sultan Officer of the Day a call in the morning by ringing the MoD Exchange 02392 722351 and asking to be put through to HMS Sultan, Duty Officer.

For Sultan itself, just remember to keep a good work ethic - it's a long course, don't take your eye off the ball and don't forget to take your sense of humour.

Good luck.
  3. We dropped my son off and we had to have him there by 12 pm, you drop off near the admin office then drive over to the base on the other side of the road to park. Where you meet other parents, partners etc in a building up past the dentist/MA building but the guys on the gate will tell you the building. The walk round starts approx 12.30 after tea and biscuits and a chat. Think we were their till approx 4pm.
    Hope that helps and good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Oh cool thanks for that :) how long ago was this? Just wondering as I have to be there by 13:00, not much difference though. I'm planning on getting there around 11 ish but don't want them waiting around until 13:00 to get a tour round.
  5. This was 18 months ago. You will be waiting round of your there from 11am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Ensure that your bed making skills are up to scratch - you WILL be marked on them...believe it or not...