Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMS SULTAN - Hours and weekends

Walter_white

Badgeman
what are the hours and weekends like at HMS Sultan? I don't know much about phase 2 as I've been putting all my focus on phase 1.

hello_there

Lantern Swinger
I think I heard on the PRNC that it was 8-4 Monday to Friday with weekends off. This has just came to mind though I could be mistaken.

Polto

War Hero
Unless things have changed, I strongly suspect that you will be awake substantially earlier than 0800hrs. You will be required some, but not all weekends.

24mp24

Midshipman
And you have to stand rounds the first 2 weeks I think but after that unless your reporting the block the evening is yours after lessons

Walter_white

Badgeman
I'm joining as an AET. So when you say the evening is ours, does that mean we can leave the camp and and do what we want? I'm under 18 as well so it'll apply differently to me won't it?

24mp24

Midshipman
And you can go home on weekends unless your duty but most people only get 1 or 2 weekend duties over the whole course I think you get some money to help get you home on weekends if you are u18

hello_there

Lantern Swinger
And you can go home on weekends unless your duty but most people only get 1 or 2 weekend duties over the whole course I think you get some money to help get you home on weekends if you are u18

why would this only apply to u18's? I heard that everyone will get take you home pay, even if you have you're own car? At the end of the day u18 or not you're all on the same wage so..

24mp24

Midshipman
Well I'm over 18 and I don't get it but one of my oppos did when he was u18, I think you only get it if you own your own house if you are over 18, I'm sure there's people on here that know more than me about it though

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
As it seems to worry you, if he does'nt reply I'll ask him next time I see him, but it's not as annoying as people saying or writing "the HMS...." ;)

Sumo

War Hero
As it seems to worry you, if he does'nt reply I'll ask him next time I see him, but it's not as annoying as people saying or writing "the HMS...." ;)
Someone mentions some rich bloke and all the clankies rattle their tool bags, so predictable:p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Hms sultan start dates 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 3
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
R Phase 2 training at HMS Sultan Joining the Royal Navy 0
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
soleil Navy News (FB): HMS Sultan - Charity Moustache Growing Event Bases / Shore Est 7
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS SULTAN CLOSURE Bases / Shore Est 0
Z Hms sultan and august break Joining the Royal Navy 5
P HMS Sultan bike storage Health & Fitness 0
S HMS Sultan Phase 2 - ETME Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
J HMS Sultan Holiday? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
L HMS Sultan AET Training/ Leading Hand Fast Track Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
Tomahawk HMS Sultan to be closed, HMNB Devonport to be Amphib super-centre Current Affairs 23
Walter_white Between HMS Raleigh and HMS Sultan- what happens? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 55
S Memories of HMS Sultan Killicks course 1969 Bases / Shore Est 9
S HMS Sultan phase 2 training Miscellaneous 9
cheesybeans17 Learning to drive at HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Phase 2 passing out HMS Sultan. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Y HMS Sultan Easter Holiday? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
77DEEPS77 Starting in JUNE, anyone? HMS sultan RFA 20
2LI Phase two at HMS Sultan The Quarterdeck 4
J Accommodation near to HMS Sultan. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B HMS Sultan RFA 6
J Phase 2 marine engineer HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
Naval_Gazer Wasp crash lands outside HMS Sultan The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Pompey News: "End Of An Era As Last Surviving Wren Leaves HMS Sultan Naval Branch" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil HMS Sultan Summer Show 2013 - Saturday/Sunday 15th/16th June 2013 Bases / Shore Est 13
soleil HMS Sultan - Army/Navy Combined Training Marine Engineering Course Bases / Shore Est 5
J Selection Interview questions/HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil "Famous Yachtswoman Honorary Commander Dee Caffari Inspects HMS Sultan Sailors" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil HMS Sultan Summer Show 2012 - 16th/17th June 2012 Bases / Shore Est 4
S HMS Sultan Phase II Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
I HMS Sultan course syllabus - can old ones be found? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 7
C Hms Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil N. News: HMS Sultan Pays Homage To The Royal Naval Division History 0
soleil P. News: "Huge Crowds For HMS Sultan's Firework Spectacular" Bases / Shore Est 2
R HMS Sultan ETME Course Start Dates? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil Pompey News: "Tory MP's Plea To Keep HMS Sultan In Gosport" Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil HMS Sultan - Summer Show - 19th/20th June 2010 Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil Pompey News: "New Man In Charge At HMS Sultan" Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Chip in to H4H at RN Chef's Fish & Chip shop near HMS Sultan Bases / Shore Est 0
Jen_M HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
soleil HMS Sultan personnel practice charity run in Spinnaker Tower Charity 0
S Phase 2 @ HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 78
D Advice On Hms Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil HMS Sultan: Engineering Courses praised by professional body Bases / Shore Est 2
BloodyPirate! Hms Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
BloodyPirate! xmas Hols at HMS Raleigh/Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2