HMS Sultan Easter Holiday?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Yaris, Dec 28, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone able to tell me the easter leave dates at HMS Sultan for 2015, I know Raleighs is 3rd-20th of April not 100% if the dates will be the same though.

Cheers

2. Probably the week before and after Easter Weekend.

3. Does the whole of sultan close for Easter ? I will be in the RFA and wondered will I be expected on base during leave periods or is it the same leave for everyone on site

4. Some may be on advanced/retard leave to look after the place whilst trainees are on Easter leave.

5. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

My lad went back to Sultan today not %100 happy by the look on his face, what can he expect first thing tomorrow morning.

6. He will have his course timetable and will carry one with the ETME course. He can possibly expect a routine drug test but nothing different to what he was previously doing.

7. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

Cheers Jay Jay
    Phil

8. any new info at all guys?
    cheers

9. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

My lad as settled in at Sultan which makes us feel better back home, rather him enjoying the career than not
    and he is looking forward to the Easter Leave
    so happy all round.
    all the best

10. Good for him, hope he does well. Would you mind asking him if he knows when the sultan Easter leave is? would help alot! Cheers.

11. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

Yaris
    We got a message today from him stating
    That he was board and did not want to be there, one minute he is on an high then he is down in the dumps
    most of his mates have gone home on weekend leave so the block is almost empty, I think it's most likely this is why he is down.
    I told him to hang on in there and occupy his mind with something, like go down the gym, have a run, or go down the naffy, there must be others feeling the same, is this a normal thing in training.
    as for Easter dates have not asked him.
    Phil

12. Couldn't tell you much unfortunately only inmy 4th week ofRaleigh! But from what I hear training is very much a rollercoaster, sounds perfectly normal so I wouldn't get too concerned about it.

13. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

cheers mate
    board om sometimes a terrible thing but tomorrow another day
    good luck with your training.

14. 2nd April it starts mate.

15. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

Can any one tell me at this time what are the longest period of time any one can spend at sea at any deployment
    Phil

16. 10 months is not un-common, read the Navy News, they always run stories on ships returning and how long they've been away.

17. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

will do
    thanks you very much for taking time out to help and advise
    PHIL

18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Phil, as per Wrecks post, but bear in mind that this is time away from the home port, the actual deployment will have various port visits all over the place. Stand fast Bombers, their sea time is just that sea time and normally speaking with no visits outside of the home port.

19. 2LI

2LI Midshipman

Thank you mate
    I will have a chat with him, we have to get him back on track and thinking straight
    PHIL

20. How is he going on?