Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMS RESOLUTION PORT 1969 - 72

ettridge said:
Wots happened lads no more dits?Remember us after the hooley bar ,singing hi ho on our way up the hill to our block inboard.
What about Mosses Moss on the STBD crew drinking his pint of heavy twice in the hooley bar by pissing in his glass and drinking it again I think he became a coxn a few years later!

He was a PO UW 2 on VALIANT in Guzz in the mid-70s, still the same. Lenny Hewitt was the TI when I was loaned drafted to her in 73 (ex Cardboard crew)

ettridge said:
Wots happened lads no more dits?Remember us after the hooley bar ,singing hi ho on our way up the hill to our block inboard.[/
quote]
Can anybody remember going to a small cottage on Loch Long for r and r opposite an oil jetty there was no heating no heads and running water was from a hose stuck in a stream. The midges would eat you alive , the nearest pub was a two hour row in a pussers dinghy up to the head of the loch at Arrocher it took you about four hours to row back bouncing off each side of the loch, the fishing was good though

"thermopylea"]
Can anybody remember going to a small cottage on Loch Long.

Mark Cottage or Ma's Cottage,remember it well, used to take a 3/1 whaler from the Sailing Centre with a couple of mates and our kids to the cottage or if we were in luck,use the torpedo range facilities ,nice little mess and a brisk walk around to the pub or a hike up 'The Cobbler'. As you said,great fishing.

Tom"O"

remember Moses Moss,one dance night spewing into his empty pint glass and with one swift move downed the fecking lot ,a few wives and birds that were with us nearly threw up as well.Bumped into him in blockhouse at the 2001 reunion,hasn,t changed still as puddled as ever.

Buster, how the devil are you, your right about Jonny ? Owen. terrific rugby player (compared to me) Have you had any contact with any from the galley. The day before the live firing we had a bit of a beach party, I turned up with a duffle bag of various meets and goodies, the green hut got a few visits. The day before we left I climbed the water tower in the wind and rain and painted HMS RESOLUTION for all the world to see. We were late sailing the next day, don't know why but I was told to climb back up and paint it out, I ran out of paint leaving RESO

Buster, how the devil are you, your right about Jonny ? Owen. terrific rugby player (compared to me) Have you had any contact with any from the galley. The day before the live firing we had a bit of a beach party, I turned up with a duffle bag of various meets and goodies, the green hut got a few visits. The day before we left I climbed the water tower in the wind and rain and painted HMS RESOLUTION for all the world to see. We were late sailing the next day, don't know why but I was told to climb back up and paint it out, I ran out of paint leaving RESO
You may not get a reply as the last post before yours was eight and a half years ago.

^Mmmm - Perhaps they've all moved upwards & onwards to the VIGILANT ?

(Shakes head and mumbles in my day etc whilst exiting Stage Left...)

REMINDER - Bob, but that WAS your day and you were just as them then!

:oops: Oh, yes, so I was. Don't mention the Aquarium & ignore this Post then. :oops:

I should have mentioned his name 'buster brown' from an old thread. mine was 10.29 Saturday. I'm new to this lark
If you're seeking old buddies from boats the best place to look is Facebook. It is easy to get yourself onto and once you are have a trawl for either specific names or better still one of the many sites where old submariners gather. You can either look for a specific boat or ask to join several sites which have submariner only membership. A starter for ten is Buddies in Boats but there are plenty of others.

Matt the Yank HERE,
Visited Reso In Vickers The Rode HER from Faselane to the Cape . Many days ago I want to thankyou all for a GREAT Trip. I also was an instructor at Dam Neck.
Matt Schmitz MTC(SS) USN Retired

Latest Threads