HMS Ramsey Embarks On Four-Year Suez Deployment

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by MoD_RSS, May 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I like "the sophisticated echoes sent out by modern mines". Who writes this stuff?
  3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I love the optimism that whoever came up with this has. These ships struggle to operate in warm water for months never mind years, it'll be in bits well before four years is up.
  4. Not necessarily. Hunts and Sandowns have been permanently based in the Gulf since 2006 and we've accumulated plenty of experience:
  5. Boody hell, what a headline!!! Had my old Father in Law twitching a we bit....... Thought it was longer than his 2 and a half year commission Far East on Hms Belfast
  6. Support was pretty damn good by the time I left one of the SANDOWNs out there about 18 months ago. However, given all that has happened in Bahrain, I'm not sure how much of the infrastructure is remaining.
  7. 4 years? Hope they've told their mums.
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Sorry NG, speak to some of the clankies on these boats; they are in a sorry state after all the time out there and the lads are doing very well to keep them going.
  9. No argument there. I always found the FSUs brilliant (as well as Ships' Staffs). However, the MCMVs are where they are for the best of reasons.