HMS Raleigh's Fisgard Division ghost.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by ElectroDreams, Aug 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of our lads said he saw a ghost bulling his boots when he went top the heads one night and then it came to light that some kid a few years back killed self in our division. any one else had any close encounters of the spooky kind at Raleigh?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well there was that time up by the Fire School that I once fingered a...

Oh sorry. I thought you said "goat"... :oops:
  3. Raleigh goggles! :wink:
  4. The old Benbow block was rumoured to have a ghost.

Anson,Collingwood,Drake and Exmouth blocks were all in use in part 1 during my 10 months at Raleigh ( was put back a few months due to serious hand injury + 3 months in Valiant block waiting for first ship )....but Benbow was never used.
  5. someone threw themselves out of the window in walker apparently.
  6. I was Anson Division and our rivals were Benbow, but I never heard about a ghost.
    Were you never warned about the hazards of self abuse when you joined Stirling?
  7. 3 elder brothers were in the mob Streaky and they kept schtum. :)
  8. Thier is a ghost in the aft tracker flat on all type 23's, Safegaurd!

Fooking hate going up thier during the night. Doors open and close themselves even when thier latched back. Spooky as fook!
  9. The SCOT cabin on all 42's is also haunted.
  10. When I pass away the last thing Im going to haunt is any chuffing ship.
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Angry_Mac: Why not? You could do it to make up for all of the years you spent being a barrack stanchion... :shock: :wink:
  12. I've heard (which usually means its a gash dit...) that AMS 2 on one of the old "R-Boat" bombers is haunted, something about a death in the diesel room or something.

I could have just made that up, or dreamt it....... No I'm sure I was told this one. :?
  13. That was the same ghost that [email protected] up my kit musters and scuffed my new bulled boots.

The [email protected]
  14. Fell out of the window
  15. Too right...
    I think I'd haunt the female officers showers!! :D :D
  16. Well when I was there, Fisgard was Tiffs (spit) and Anson was Seamen so [email protected] em all. Feel free to come and haunt me. A well hard S&S rating who was proud to wear the blue star of courage. !!!!
  17. "The blue star of courage" ?

You was a splitarse S&S then, was you?
  18. How embarrasing is that. :oops:

I meant RED star but too much alcohol has kicked in.

(The WRNS uniform was off watch and weekends only) :wink:

My only mitigation is that now there is no such thing as No2 rig I was going to put Gold but changed my mind and [email protected] up. That's why I was S&S I guess. :?

19. Those must be ghost windows as ships don't have windows! :lol: