HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ReeceGibson, Feb 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

If possible could you guys give me any information on a the average day-to-day activities at HMS Raleigh during your basic training?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Reece

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

2. PerSec my friend just be aware when using your full name

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. Work on kit, clean, march around, work on kit, eat lots of chicken (well we did when i was there!!), march some more

4. That's about right. Now you know all you need to know. It's a bit like having the question paper before the exam....

• Like Like x 1
  5. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Don't forget the running around a bit and a bit more cleaning.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

6. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Also learning in one lesson and remembering to use that knowledge in other areas.
    Persec being one area.

When you get a new user name don't post anything which links you to your old user name, by that I mean don't post on this thread as your new username eg, cockney sparrow saying thanks for the answers to posts to your old username.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  7. These are the diary entrys for current baby sailors at Raleigh. Choose a division and read the week by week events and fun to be had a Butlins Torpoint that is HMS Raleigh.

Royal Navy Initial Recruits Training Diaries

8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They shouldn't be allowed to post until reading those threads and passing a forum selection test.

I'm not angry, I'm just happiness challenged.

9. But they'll never find it if the search function is required, just loads of threads started beginning with..does anyone know where the RN training diaries are, I can't find it!

10. You can add this one to the list as well even though its only 8 weeks basic not the ten now. Still gives a great idea as it has Pier Cellars and Dartmoor on it.

BBC - HMS Raleigh

11. I'm surprised no one has mentioned - ironing. Combat ironing, ironing until you drop. Iron man/woman/persn ironing. And you get to fire guns (sorry rifles).

12. OMM

OMM War Hero

Wake up, shower, muster, scran, IMF,drill,scran,brief,brief,scran, clean, kit preparation, head down, repeat.

Then on special days they throw in exercises, inspections, divisions and kit musters.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Those are a good set of videos. Got me all excited, now I feel like I am going tomorrow. Good thing there is just 248 days to go until my initial training, and the PRNC is only 158 days away too, even sooner!

14. My dates are exactly the same are you going for Weapons Engineer?

15. Yeah, take it your MOD Caledonia as well?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

16. Yeah that's right, I suppose I'll see you there :)

17. I'll need to bring my mum now. Can't be meeting strangers off the Internet alone. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Don't worry tell your mum I will look after you both :D

19. Thats handy Rachelthree because I attacked my mum with an A4 laminate (As I believe she'll need to be that size for proper stowage and kit musters) and an Iron today she wasn't impressed. God! How's a grown man to deal with that..