HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Giles, Jul 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello, im off to hms raleigh this sunday (17th july) anyone got any last miniute tips?

2. Giles,

Spotted late on - You've managed very well so far without recourse to posting at RR so just do your level best, always help those who need it, zip your lips and you'll be fine.

Think of HMS RALEIGH as just a springboard to a worthwhile career because the deep end comes later, try to enjoy at least some of your time there; I did. (but that was in 1960...:wink:)

Bob

3. No tips as you're ahead of me, but i am sure it has been a long and frustrating wait, so give it everything you have got as some of us still waiting would eat you alive if they put us in a cage and said winner goes to HMS RALEIGH on the 17Th of July!! ;-)

Best of luck and enjoy the upcoming ride. Let us know how you get on.

Also what role have you applied as??

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't take any tips from Marmalade or Chico

Find out how to enter capital letters where needed

5. Dig out on the fitness test.

6. Don't miss the train...

7. Get it right first time when it comes to the Kit Muster.

8. The first few weeks are a constant rush so just get on with it and do your best,
    Pay attention to detail when doing your kit and
    Remember, its only ten weeks.
    Ryan79 (week eight)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  9. FYI- Raleigh is now closed, and the training establishment moved to the South-bound Stafford Services on the M6. It's now a weekend course because the RN has given up trying to get you lot to shoot.

If you wink at the fat bird behind the Costa Coffee counter there, she'll suck you off and give you a Pain au chocolat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The bitch only gave me an out of date Curly wurly!:hungry:

11. Don't be an arse to the Medical Centre staff when you go there for immunisations. An increasing number of trainees in week one play the smart arse. A nurse with a needle can hurt you more. Suck it up and get on with it.

12. Taps the needle and puts a burr on it, goes in easy comes out like a fish hook.

13. Don't be first, don't be last, and never volunteer!

14. Turn up drunk and make sure that you have an iron with a European plug on it. For some reason they have different plugs there.

15. Call the Joss Chief, it's a term of endearment and will make him happy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Call the Joss "Charge", it means he's extra special.

17. 'coxn' always seems to get a flash from a joss cant figure out why........

18. Call the Joss round. He'll go sandy bottoms, be nice as pie - Then he'll zob you, and all of your oppos, for a haircut.

19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't be cocky, listen, work hard and play the grey man.

What the **** would i know?

20. Volunteer for everything.