HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SandyCragg, Sep 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard that Raleigh is closing next year, is that true? If it is, what's happening about new entry of people that have been accepted but their estimated entry dates are after the closure date? Or is my rumour mill full of crap?
  2. HMS RALEIGH will stop accepting new entrants from Novemveber 2010 til May 2011. Therefore you can expect your waiting times to increase by at least a further six months.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Try using the search button there are a number of thread discussing it
  4. You're just shit out of luck
  5. i was told that there going to knock down Fisgard building, is this just a terrible terrible rumour or will i have to make a toast to the memories i have had there.
  6. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  7. Are they not just refurbushing it and making it the HQ? Then putting Jizzgard in Cunningham? 8O
  8. I heard whilst the freeze is on they're gonna rent the parade ground out to travelling gypsies and open all sports facilities to the general public?
  9. I feel your pain JJ

When is this site going to be renamed "newbie-net" by the way???
  10. Maybe combine Newbies with Lil's for an hour each day to give them the real 'picture'. brushteeth
  11. I herd through a mate of a mate from some bloke called Baz thats with mates with Daz that cause people struggle with basic fitness times such as a BFT, that all new entrants are required to do a PRMC then on to the SF briefing course then sucessful recruits will then continue with basic. GEN DIT....
  12. Dinger, Lofty and Kiwi Dave will be busy then.
  13. Roger that big boy :D
  14. Done
  15. Or what they would hear if their heads were out of the water.

16. Not for long most will eventually complete phase one and then the site will be filled with current serving personnel. Then you oldies will die and we will all become ex-serving and moan about all the newbies on the site ourselves, it's a vicious circle.
  17. Not for long??? I call a 3 year wait for a job a long time! :) I wonder how many people will stick out the waiting time myself and then the number who leave after the 3 year wait "because its not for them"???
  18. Yes but the long waiting times should reduce the amount of people who are not that committed. Hence the amount of people dropping out during phase one and during the waiting time should be greatly reduced compared to previous times.
  19. Or Britain will pick itself back up and people will realise there is a life out there. Just a thought though.