Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by NozzyNozzer, Jun 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a Forum created for all you serving and ex-Raleigh trainees, staff, ship's company.
  2. Thank you NozzyNozzer , So many good memories of HMS RALEIGH , :p :lol:
  3. I was 15 years 9 months old , so just missed out on HMS GANGES , though my brother went there a year later and thoroughly enjoy'ed it I'm sure , never ask'ed him to tell you the truth , he has my deepest sympathy's ,like we all say , you only remember the good times , :roll: :mrgreen:

5. I was at Raleigh in 89-90 in the first aid school and the Sick Bay.
    I had to go there a few weeks ago for a look around the IT Dept, wow, what a difference
  6. was canny good base, not been back since i finished the Seamanship side of my trade in 95, always remember the long walk into Torpoint and the dive of a put which was Wheelers if i remember correctly. got 3 days 9's for getting back 20mins late 1 night lol, had to brasso the cannons at the main gatehouse.
  7. Just out of interest, can anyone remember HMS St Vincent at Gosport? It would seem to be a forgotten entity on this site. Canny camp as it was.
  8. Did a year in St Vincent in my very young days

Fcuk all canny about it -it was real thats for sure
  9. Well done Green Empire, it's refreshing to hear something other than RALeigh, blah bloah. GANGES blah, blah.
  10. Sorry man, had a few tonight. Had to talk to the Doc and theats always a serious ailment. OOP's, sorry Doc, but only if your listening. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. If ya get the wets in I might just spin you a couple of good dits :lol: :lol:
  12. Cans are on me partner, see me in the TAS grot. Do we have one on here? :?
  13. This is something a colleague cut out from the Daily Mail for me. Thought it might be of interest?

14. I remember 'Lorna'. Not so sure about Bab's but the name does ring a bell. Raleigh as ships company was pretty much party time as I recall.

15. Babs was a Chief Wren [RNR I think], who was an instructor in one of the schools there, she was a Scouser & a bloody good laugh , in fact all the girls were spot on , had loads of cabin parties on the top floor , I can't remember go'ing on a run ashore in all the time that i was Bar Manager , brilliant draft that was , 8) :D 8)
  16. Liked Raleigh so much did it twice 79 and 87 + S&S School in 87
  17. When I joined in '52. Boys were trained in Ganges, Juniors were trained in St Vincent and adult entries did 2 weeks in Victoria Barracks, Southsea then joined the Home Fleet Training Squadron which at the time was the aircraft carriers Implacable and Indefatigable. As far as I can remember Raleigh trained Devonport Division Stokers.
  18. How many reader remember Raleigh as a wooden hut establishment rather than the modern factory for turning out Baby Sailors
  19. I joined Raleigh as a 15 week wonder in '60 as a 16 year old. This was also my last draft as ships company before I went to Drake Barracks for LS Expired.
    I can still hear the PTI's screaming "Top of the wallbars, GO!!"