HMS Raleigh week one Medical??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by aidan-123, Jun 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. do you have a medical on week one of Basic training??
    If so why do you have one before basic??
    Any answers appreciated :)

( sorry if this question has already been answered, if so, point me in the right direction please :) )

2. I call wind up

3. Try using search function!

And for your question to why. Engage brain and think about why would the Armed Forces have another medical in Basic after you had one ages ago to see if you are eligable to join.

4. ahh i seen where my mistake has been :L, i ment to say, are there any different tests they do, at basic? like bloods??

5. Gallons of the stuff mate.

Absolute gallons.

*hic*

More than half an arm.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's probably worth reminding indviduals that all phase one trainees undergo a drugs test as well as blood grouping & innocultions after joining.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My answer- because the only constant in life is that people lie.

Staff answer- because there is a significant gap between entry medical and joining RALEIGH and things may changed in the interim.

I prefer my answer.

Angrydoc
    RN Medical Officer

8. Owww that's a lie. 8O

9. You have it on the tuesday morning aswell as the needed injections and a sample of blood. If you've applied to be a diver or submariner your medical is more detailed than normal and may be discharged if you fail.

10. Is fainting when they take blood an issue? I like to think i won't but my body responds differently to different types of jabs; 4 hour tattoo was fine yet my naval piercing left me counting tiles on the floor with the back of me noggin.

11. I prefer big pricks so middle one pleaseeee. Im not scared of needles, just when i had my meningitis jab i passed out and just remember my head of year shoving a sugar cube in my mouth. Was a bit embarassing as it ruined me well 'ard image.

12. When did that start? Was there any specific reason that they started doing it?

13. ...to see if people had taken drugs? Just being a **** but couldnt resist! I am guessing something to do with making sure people are adhering to the zero tolerance policy the forces have regarding drug use.

One can only hope witsend

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'll leave it to you to figure out why we conduct drugs tests, Sherlock.

15. Fnarr Fnarr

16. Part of me wants to suggest that if your blood pressure is more than 2% higher in RALEIGH than it was at your initial medical then you will be booted, but part of me really can't be arsed answering the endless PMs that will result...

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's news to me!

My intake was late last year, so far none of us have ever been tested! I was a bit surprised by that.