HMS Raleigh week by week!

You so full of it one your not a midshipman and also while I was at Raleigh your class told me how lazy and bad at IMF you were most of this is lies and I wouldnt take your word for any of it

Stirlin

War Hero
You so full of it one your not a midshipman and also while I was at Raleigh your class told me how lazy and bad at IMF you were most of this is lies and I wouldnt take your word for any of it
WreckerL is a retired Chief Tiff SM and would spit on you for calling him a Midi.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
WreckerL is a retired Chief Tiff SM and would spit on you for calling him a Midi.

If that was aimed at me Stirl, the child is seriously deluded as I never joined up at Raleigh, so my class at Ganges 42 years ago told him I was lazy..that's some going :D

Loved to have had him on a boat though, if he called me that..those sewage tank float alarms don't check themselves you know ;)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
If that was aimed at me Stirl, the child is seriously deluded as I never joined up at Raleigh, so my class at Ganges 42 years ago told him I was lazy..that's some going :D

Loved to have had him on a boat though, if he called me that..those sewage tank float alarms don't check themselves you know ;)

Then (if we were docked down) could I borrow him to clean out the transducer space? It sent my baby Tiff loopy as it was full of wiggly smelly things. And it was dark!

Stirlin

War Hero

His post was directly below yours , he has since deleted it , it pays to use the quote function.
Not boat savvy but I like your/SB dits for dealing with gobby twats.

Really great report. Hoping to join as an AET in May, it is very useful to see a realistic break down of your experience. I imagine that the whole process has remained mostly unchanged for a long time, and presumably won't be altered too much in the future. Thanks for the advice!

Harveymarvey

Midshipman
My 16 year old is there now he read this loads of times before he went. Hes struggling with week 1 hoping he will pull through it and get stronger great read

fishhead

War Hero
My 16 year old is there now he read this loads of times before he went. Hes struggling with week 1 hoping he will pull through it and get stronger great read
Week one is one of the toughest as you are bombarded with information and have to adjust to a completely different way of life. Tell him to hang on in there as it does get better with time but not immediately.

MerseyMan

Badgeman
Is it true there is WiFi available in Raleigh now? When I was leaving phase 1 in 2013 there were new industrial washing machines and driers fitted so it was easier for the next intake as it was murder fighting over sinks and driers being so overloaded they broke. So maybe it's easier even now compared to 2013 haha