HMS Raleigh summer leave

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ElectroDreams, Jun 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, does anybody know how long the summer leave is for in August? Am I right in saying that it can last for up to 4 weeks on paid leave?
  2. It is indeed four weeks. This year it starts on 7 August.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'up to' in this context, there's no option - Raleigh effectively closes for a month.

Edit - and yes, it's paid.
  3. Thanks, I wasn't sure if the leave was 3 or 4 weeks.
  4. August 7th till September 7th.
  5. So all starters have a month off?, Lucky [email protected]
  6. No but anyone who would be at Raleigh at that time gets a month off. That includes people at Raleigh for phase 2 I believe.
  7. Rookie

Hows that Hand of yours anyway?
  8. Fine thanks
  9. Is there any other months Raleigh is closed for?
  10. Are.

Take a guess. We've already mentioned summer, when else may leave be granted?

Go on, give it a shot.
  11. :roll: :roll: im thinking Chocolate Eggs?? and a man in a red suit with white beard ?? :wink: :wink:
  12. You've got an advantage though scouse.

CDF :lol:
  13. so...did you bother to get it x-rayed??
  14. How long is Christmas leave?
  15. Two weeks.
  16. I didn't want too much leave because I fear at Christmas I will turn in to a fat bastard and not be able to do any PT what so ever! :S
  17. Theres no comment. :)
  18. Wouldn't worry about that mate, you'll be well into your course by then and you'd have to try very hard to lose all your fitness in two weeks!
  19. Haha you have never been to my house at Christmas time, I may as well just inject calories into myself :)
  20. I start at HMS Raleigh on Oct 25th.
    If it was 9 weeks straight from then the last day would be Dec 26th.
    I assume Christmas leave starts a week or so before Christmas, then until new year, or there abouts.
    So if I get 2 weeks off, does that 2 weeks get deducted from my leave allowance for my first year?