HMS Raleigh routine

I've just started the recruitment process and wondered what the daily routine in HMS Raleigh is like, such as waking up and going to bed? My current job has got me doing all sorts of weird hours and I just wanted to better prepare myself before I start.

Get up at 0545 and go to bed at 2230. Do stuff all day in between those hours. (Get up a little later on Sundays, go to Church in the morning, be less busy the rest of the day.)

Heard rumours you can get in your pit and have a nap these days if you have the time. Don't know if this is true though, would have killed for that.

SOB94

Lantern Swinger
Heard rumours you can get in your pit and have a nap these days if you have the time. Don't know if this is true though, would have killed for that.
Once you've received your 3's (week 5) on completion of evening rounds and as long as you're not duty, you can get your head down.

That being said op, the first few weeks you will be flat out busy until pipe down.

Once you've received your 3's (week 5) on completion of evening rounds and as long as you're not duty, you can get your head down.
That makes sense as that is the same time as when you are allowed to the bar. I remember people (rightly) dripping, that they could go to the bar but they couldn't get an early night to recover and be fresh for the next day.

SOB94

Lantern Swinger
That makes sense as that is the same time as when you are allowed to the bar. I remember people (rightly) dripping, that they could go to the bar but they couldn't get an early night to recover and be fresh for the next day.
Although we all said we'd get an early night and only go to the bar for an hour, everyone ended up staying until close. Still ended up getting into bed at the same time. The lightweights provided some great moments, even with the two pint limit.

Last edited: