HMS Raleigh - Looking for an answer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MaccaHM, Mar 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my PRNC on Monday (10/03/2014) which I am highly looking forward to!
    However I have a quick question about HMS Raleigh which I am due to start on the 26/05/2014.

Are there any breaks during the initial 10 weeks training? If so how long are they/how frequent?
    Also, is there a break AFTER the 10 weeks training at all?

Might be a silly question but they haven't given me much information about it all so please help!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have you asked your AFCO about leave periods?

3. Yeah I phoned and he said it's never the same for anyone. As mine is through the Summer it's likely they'll have us do the 10 weeks then give us 3 weeks leave after that apparently, but that's just a guess.

4. OMM

OMM War Hero

You won't do 10 weeks then get summer leave. Summer leave is set dates for the whole camp.

You will do your training without breaks but as yours will go into summer leave you will get the holiday (3 or 4 weeks whatever it is there) and continue again.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you complete INT as planned your POP will be the last day of term at Raleigh. Provided your unit, which is Drake if you are going HM I believe, go on leave the same time, which they usually do, you could well dip in and have 3 weeks off on completion of INT.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Whoever answered your query needs a slap.

Leave dates in training establishments are pretty much fixed - unless you are needed for contingency manning due to national crisis, such as floods, riots, tsunamis, terrorism, etc. It doesn't matter what week of training you reach, leave is leave...usually.

7. So the most likely situation for me would be what? It seems I'm getting mixed replies. Or is it not possible to find out until I actually start my training?

8. What does 'POP' mean?

9. Pop- pass out parade. If you complete the 10 weeks with no setbacks then you will be the last class to pass out before summer leave so you will not have time off during basic. Leave times are set across bases and so if you were to start a week after you are then you would have a few weeks off between week 9 and 10; they would not do week 10 during summer leave and then 'owe' that weeks holiday. that is what i have gathered from the replies.

10. Raleigh's summer leave dates are 1st of Aug to 1st of Sept this year, so, as has been said, if your Phase 1 includes these dates you'll have a break in training for those 4 weeks and then carry on where you left off on completion of leave. If your Phase 1 finishes on the 1st of Aug you'll get 4 weeks off, if it doesn't you'll get the weekend off before starting Phase 2.

11. So my training is scheduled to finish on the 3rd Aug. Does this mean we have the 4 week break like you said Wrecker from 1st Aug-1st Sept then come back for the last 2 days, then go straight into Phase 2? Sorry for constant questions just double checking!

12. exJenny

Last 2 days of what? You pass out on the Friday. That's Friday the 1st of August 2014!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  13. I thought Phase 1 was 10 weeks? So my training would finish 10 weeks from 25th May? Or does it mean 10 working weeks.

14. I think you should stop being silly now otherwise people may start being rude to you.

• Like Like x 2
  15. exJenny

Ffs!!!!!!!!!!

Where is your AFCO??? Ninja needs to have stiff words!

16. Ninja_Stoker

Help.

Where are my tourettes tablets?

17. Portsmouth. Sorry for sounding like an idiot, I do understand now!

18. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm going to look at the name on the bottom of chart corrections very carefully from now on...

19. Macca where is your prnc ?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

20. Oh my life. I predict some threads soon to emerge from the swamp;

What is going leave on draft?

Why do all they UPO staff hide when I come through the door?

If my course starts on Monday why do I need to show up Sunday afternoon?

I have a rail warrant but mummy bought me a car, what should I do?

What is a car pass and how do I get one?

Where is the bedding store, why is it open on a Sunday evening and can I use my duvet?

Why do I need a sleeping bag if there's a bedding store?

Why do blanket stackers flash when I call them that to their face?

All this and more in "Why LHOF and LHOMs kill themselves at training establishments"

• Like Like x 3