Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMS Raleigh Kitlist - latest update.

Ninja_Stoker said:
Oh dear, standby for incoming.

In the meantime - give your AFCO a ring if in doubt.

Oh dear Ninjie, how you manage to keep your patience with these numpty fcukwits is beyond me. You are a saint.

Zoidberg

War Hero
Just wanted to let people know that Argos currently have an 83 litre and 123 litre hodall for £9 and £13.29 respectively. The 123 litre is usually £19.99 but on sale. I bought the 123 litre one today and it easily holds the kit list. It's bloody massive.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2850928/Trail/searchtext>HOLDALL.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863269/Trail/searchtext>PUMA+HOLDALL.htm

1) In the way of civvies I'm taking:
What I'm travelling down to Raleigh in.
2 T shirts
2 pairs of socks
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of running shoes
1 clean shirt

Not taking jeans because I have the trackies to wear and as I understand it you have to wear uniform or a shirt and trousers when you leave base?

Is that sufficient?

2) Running shoes
I suffer from shin splints if I wear neutral running shoes. Can I wear my own for the 1.5 mile run and longer squad runs? Or should I just persevere?

3) Dental issues
I haven't been to the dentis in a long time, but I don't get toothache at all. Does anyone ever get discharged for needing a filling or similar? I don't think I do, but I'm no dentist.

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
Zoidberg said:
2 T shirts
2 pairs of socks
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of running shoes
1 clean shirt

you have to go down to raleigh in a suit don't you?

Zoidberg said:
....I bought the 123 litre one today and it easily holds the kit list. It's bloody massive.....
:idea: That should enable you take your Ironing Board and Doll (Inflatable) along, too.

I haven't been to the dentis in a long time..........
Timmy, When the peeps down there get to know you a little you'll never need a dentist ever again. :wink:

.....but I'm no dentist.
Did Sol or someone think you were? We are all glad to have that particular misapprehension clarified.
:roll:

:twisted:

Zoidberg

War Hero
burnsy85 said:
2 T shirts
2 pairs of socks
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of running shoes
1 clean shirt

you have to go down to raleigh in a suit don't you?[/quote]

Shirt, tie and trousers but I'm gonna wear the suit. So if you want to be pedantic:

1 suit and shoes
2 T shirts
2 pairs of socks
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of running shoes
1 clean shirt

:wink:

jockgolly

Lantern Swinger
You have to wear a suit now? I rocked up in a t-shirt and jeans, as did most of my entry. That was back in the days before the Mob could pick and choose I suppose :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
jockgolly said:
You have to wear a suit now? I rocked up in a t-shirt and jeans, as did most of my entry. That was back in the days before the Mob could pick and choose I suppose :)

They changed it about a year or so ago. Reason being your starting a new job and career so start smart/stay smart. Some of them were rolling up dressed like your worst nightmare chav's.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Zoidberg said:
Just wanted to let people know that Argos currently have an 83 litre and 123 litre hodall for £9 and £13.29 respectively. The 123 litre is usually £19.99 but on sale. I bought the 123 litre one today and it easily holds the kit list. It's bloody massive.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2850928/Trail/searchtext>HOLDALL.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863269/Trail/searchtext>PUMA+HOLDALL.htm

Just take all your stuff in a bin bag, as soon as you get to Raleigh, they will issue you a pusser's grip. Once you have one you will be able to spend the rest of your life on train station platforms, nodding knowingly at other people with the same bag.

It's like a secret club.

New pusser's grip

Old pusser's grip

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
2_deck_dash said:
Zoidberg said:

Just take all your stuff in a bin bag, as soon as you get to Raleigh, they will issue you a pusser's grip. Once you have one you will be able to spend the rest of your life on train station platforms, nodding knowingly at other people with the same bag.

It's like a secret club.

New pusser's grip

Old pusser's grip

Have to say the new grip is the mutts nuts. Your dit about stations reminds me of Westbury station 2DD. All the guzz ratings on one platform staring at all the pompey ratings on the other platform

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Indeed. I have two of the new grips and took them to Africa last year for a month. They both survived being dragged around the Okavango Delta and Kalahari Desert, 4 long haul flights and 12 short hall Cessna flights with absolutely no dramas.

My old style pusser's grip was bomb proof but the zip (along with everyone else's) broke within two minutes of walking through the gates at Raleigh.

Polto

War Hero
WreckerL said:
2_deck_dash said:
Zoidberg said:

It's like a secret club.

I was wondering where i'd seen you before...now i know.

New pusser's grip

Old pusser's grip

Have to say the new grip is the mutts nuts. Your dit about stations reminds me of Westbury station 2DD. All the guzz ratings on one platform staring at all the pompey ratings on the other platform

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
were you trying to say something Polto old bean or has heavy L turned your brain to mush :?

Polto

War Hero
WreckerL said:
were you trying to say something Polto old bean or has heavy L turned your brain to mush :?
my post ended up in the middle of the quote...i was trying to say...i wondered where i'd seen you before...
I'm using my mobile to post...itls a bit fiddly.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Polto said:
WreckerL said:
my post ended up in the middle of the quote...i was trying to say...i wondered where i'd seen you before...

I remember you, did you have a black bag, a suit carrier and shortish hair?

I was the one with gash tats, sideys and a four pack of Stella.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
2_deck_dash said:
Polto said:
WreckerL said:

I remember you, did you have a black bag, a suit carrier and shortish hair?

I was the one with gash tats, sideys and a four pack of Stella.

I remember now, I was the p1ssed one who fell asleep on the train and woke up 10 stations past where I wanted to get off and was arguing with the railway bloke that a pussers rail warrant let you go anywhere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Face Fuzz at HMS Raleigh RFA 2
B Speakers at Hms Raleigh Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 11
B Pre HMS Raleigh brief Joining the Royal Navy 13
D HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
A 2.4km run at HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 7
TechnicPR Does anyone have the HMS Raleigh JI/Kit List? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Forces TV: Basic Training At HMS Raleigh: "We Can't Afford To Stop". Bases / Shore Est 7
soleil Cornish Times: "HMS Raleigh's Wartime Role Remembered As Latest Recruits Prepare To Pass-out On VE Day 75" Bases / Shore Est 1
A What happens after interview stage? How long do you have to wait till you get to HMS Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh - A New Recruit By The Name Of Raleigh Bases / Shore Est 4
M HMS Raleigh shutdown over Easter Joining the Royal Navy 4
soleil RN Website: HMS Raleigh's Physio's Fundraising Mission Bases / Shore Est 0
R Tips and tricks for HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 19
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh Page: "A Short Video Of The Cornwell27s At Pier Cellars This Week" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh - 80th Anniversary Bases / Shore Est 2
D HMS Raleigh Payroll team Joining the Royal Navy 7
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
R HMS Raleigh and guide dogs Joining the Royal Navy 5
L Fitness for HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Preparing for HMS Raleigh at 16 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
MorganCUFC PRNC and HMS Raleigh dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Hms Raleigh entry date February 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Start date at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
U HMS Raleigh for naval reserves Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
S HMS Raleigh video Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
H Hms Raleigh week 4 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
K Summer leave 2020 HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 28
B Son started at HMS Raleigh today Nearest & Dearest 0
B Changing branch at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
K HMS RALEIGH Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Is HMS Raleigh like the Channel 4 programme makes it out to be? Joining the Royal Navy 3
N HMS Raleigh... Joining the Royal Navy 17
Rum_pot Failing HMS Raleigh fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 63
SafferBlondie HMS Raleigh - Phase 1 training - 10th November '19 Joining the Royal Navy 12
H HMS Raleigh medical notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Rum_pot Shaving in HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
R HMS Raleigh holiday dates Joining the Royal Navy 7
L Hms Raleigh 1970 Bases / Shore Est 5
U HMS Raleigh summer break Joining the Royal Navy 8
LeedsBornLeedsBred HMS Raleigh wait time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B Exactly What uniform is given to you at hms Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
S Hms Raleigh entry date June 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 11
J HMS Raleigh joining date 10th feb 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 11
M HMS Raleigh Entry 6th January 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
C EHIC card out of date for HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Hms raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 1
C HMS Raleigh week 4 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Banshee-RMforum HMS Raleigh 24th feb 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3