HMS Raleigh kit

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gwegory, Mar 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, simple question do you need to take running trainers with you to Raleigh for the running test on the second day or are you issued a pair of trainers?

I join this Sunday

Cheers

2. You get issued with two pairs appretnly

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Simple question, have you received a kit list from your AFCO?

4. Hello Simple. Question, did you read your joining instructions?

5. Simple question, can people just answer the question? If someone asks a question they generally don't know the answer, hence the reason for asking said question.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 4
  6. I have read them and doesn't say anything about it. But I presume by people who have answered, I don't need to

7. As I posted, unless its changed since 2 years ago you get issued with two pairs at Raleigh when you join. So says the slovenly sailor eating cake and watching TV in my living room at the moment.

8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If someone has been issued a kit list by their AFCO it should tell them exactly what they are expected to arrive at Raleigh with. If he hasn't received a kit list then he/she needs to contact their AFCO. Raleigh does not expect people to pitch up with a bag full of kit as listed on NavyNet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There's no such thing as a simple question.

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Today is 'HMS Raleigh day'. Lets celebrate the fine establishment that is HMS Raleigh.

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Happy HMS Raleigh day everyone