HMS Raleigh kit

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Anxious mum, Dec 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, could anyone please help me, my son leaves for Raleigh on Sunday and I'm just getting the rest of his kit together, however, it states a white permanent marker is required, I can't find one of these anywhere and I don't have time to buy online, does anyone know where I can get one?

• Braindead Braindead x 1
  2. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 3
  3. Awwww thank you for this, I'll try locally to see who has them. I know I'm not helping him by doing it all but it's my way of keeping occupied and taking my mind off losing him, soft I know but hey, I'm a mum lol.
    He's very independent so I'm sure he will cope down there, and I know he's looking forward to it.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

W H Smiths always used to have them

5. Thanks Janner but I went there today and they were very unhelpful. I've been advised that silver is acceptable and more widely available so I may go for that

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I hope he has learned to iron his own clothes properly before he joins or he will struggle.

He will have had his joining kitlist for several weeks.

Best of luck to him & you!

7. He's a good lad and yeah, he's doing ok, this is his dream so what he doesn't know, he will learn and very quickly. I'm a very proud single mum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

I've sent you a conversation :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trainer

Mum, small point but you may want to get your photo off your avatar. It's what we call Personal Security or PERSEC. Your lad will be taught all about it. It just helps to identify you as a service family.;)

You will see that in Ninja's photo he is wearing a false beard to confuse the enemy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You are joking yeah?

11. Sadly he isn't.

12. Ok, I've removed it

13. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You removed Nina's beard??

14. Strong move for a new joiner!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Strong woman here ha ha ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just for the record, since I removed my beard, my colleagues assured me I now look much younger. Some claimed by as much as two, maybe three weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trainer

Well done, it's a bad world out there - if it makes any difference, before you took it off, I thought you were divs and essence.:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Silver sharpies worked for me. They look white on dark coloured materials. Just make sure he takes a few as he may have to re-write his name on after washing.

19. Thanks everyone for your help on this.
    Another point, his P45 hasn't arrived from his last employer, does this matter?

20. It'll just be a case of emergency tax until they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk