HMS Raleigh kit muster

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Just wondering if anyone knows how many pairs of underwear / socks out of your kit are actually used for the kit musters? Just thinking of getting brand new spares for the musters and being more prepared.

Thanks in advance

Bring three extra pairs of boxers that can either be presented in your locker day-to-day or out for a kit muster.

Keep the pairs you wear in your personal locker (clean!).

Don't worry about socks.

Keeping kit aside especially for kit musters is not a good idea. It doesn't show that you are able to look after your kit and maintain it to the standard that is required. It just shows that you know how to cheat. Having extra kit is frowned upon and you will get caught out.

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
It was just a tip I was told off a few serving people. Won't bother with it then it's no difference to me I can handle ironing a few extra pairs of underwear lol thanks for info

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Also is it ok to take extra bits which are not on the kit list like Deep Heat spray for after phys sessions etc or the sports ibuprofen gel? Thinking of packing them I'm in my first aid kit incase. Or is this a no no? Cheers

SOB94

Lantern Swinger
Also is it ok to take extra bits which are not on the kit list like Deep Heat spray for after phys sessions etc or the sports ibuprofen gel? Thinking of packing them I'm in my first aid kit incase. Or is this a no no? Cheers
The bag you take with you gets locked in a luggage hold, they haven't checked what we have, if you want to take it you get a personal locker which you can lock it away in and they won't complain, a lot of our lads have brought spare kit (extra lint rollers, Brasso etc), as with anything at Raleigh it all depends on what your DI is like.

Keeping kit aside especially for kit musters is not a good idea. It doesn't show that you are able to look after your kit and maintain it to the standard that is required. It just shows that you know how to cheat. Having extra kit is frowned upon and you will get caught out.
Clearly got a throbber here.

Nate, I took about 8 pairs to Raleigh, 3 stunt pairs. Didn't get caught, plus if you do its nothing but a slap on the wrist

Nate, I took about 8 pairs to Raleigh, 3 stunt pairs. Didn't get caught, plus if you do its nothing but a slap on the wrist
Not a good strategy and not something to be recommended as the outcome if you are caught is not always a slap on the wrist. Your choice.....

Follow his ways is not the best way to get on in the RN. Break the rules and it may only be a slapped wrist but if you are struggling in other areas the slapped wrist may be the final thing that results in discharge.

Wonder how diesel97 sees his RN career going? Bending the rules and take the consequences is not the smartest way to a rewarding career.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shipshapespottydog Joining the Royal Navy 17
V Joining the Royal Navy 7
A Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40