hms raleigh - january

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by cjstoner, Jul 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive just got my entry date into raleigh for 17th january 2010, just wondering if anyone else has received the same news..

2. new joiners!

3. Rather you than me running around in January weather!!

I go in in Sept mind, so I havent got it much better =/

4. I was ships company at Raleigh years ago and i recall that the weather was quite mild down there in the winter months, 8)

5. ive been given this as a estimate date of the afco but waiting for confimation of this.

6. My hometown is on the West coast of scotland, I would LOVE to see the colder weather down South try and trump it :lol: :cry:

7. I was estimated september 2009 and have, just got a call and i have a date febuary 21st 2010. 8O

8. What's he like?

9. How long did it take everyone to get a date after completing their PJFT?

10. between pjft and getting a date for me was around 3 weeks, but it seems to help if you pester your afco for information :D

11. Now what you mean shipmate,my home town is 650 km`s north of the arctic circle ( Alta ),it would kill em all in one foul sweep if they experianced our winter weather, - 25/-40

12. Dunno mate, being from WoS myself, and having done Raleigh in the cold of Feb '05, I wouldn't bet on it. And Dartmoor, you can kiss my furry beanbag if you think I'll ever be going there again.

:)

13. cjstoner, are you joining as an AET or did you just click the wrong forum to post in? If so, don't! And if you do, don't go JFH!

:)

14. Ho-hum, as long as Dartmoor in clothing isn't as cold as swimming in the sea in winter up here then I think I shall be fine (and less likely to re-encounter pneumonia :tard: ) :lol:

Chris: Bet you love nothing more than some shrink-ball action jumping through those ice pools ;) Do you have any of those awesome ice pools with the hot water flowing through? Pretty sure I've seen these somewhere before..praps some Icelandic region.. :?

15. no i am joining as an AET but im going to have to sound like a muppet and ask what JFH is! too many dam acronymsin the navy!! :D

16. JFH = Joint Force Harrier

17. Neither of which are AET or JFH.

18. Chris: Bet you love nothing more than some shrink-ball action jumping through those ice pools Do you have any of those awesome ice pools with the hot water flowing through? Pretty sure I've seen these somewhere before..praps some Icelandic region..

Been through the ice on a skidoo before but your thinking of Iceland for the hot geysers running into ice pools, 8)